• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm not saying this site is dying but

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Hate to say it, but i think the downturn started when scoots sulked off with his crayons...

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

This is true.

The changes to IR35 have done this.
      What I have seen/heard:
      Agencies going to the wall...
      Some umbrella's in a precarious position....
      I was chatting to a former colleague yesterday who told me that IPSE apparently only have about 6 months left judging by their latest accounts.

I do hope the sector doesen't die out. I have a lot of fondness for it still even in retirement. I was a contractor in one way or another most of my working life.
      Oh those IPSE accounts make interesting reading - starting with why were the accounts for the year ending 30th April 2020 only returned yesterday.

Also it appears their main asset is the value of a CRM solution that I could have written in a weekend (slightly unfair but having seen it my quote wouldn't be that far out) - for reference I have a more complex version we give away as a starting point for free.
      Last edited by eek; 20 April 2021, 18:10.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Oh those IPSE accounts make interesting reading - starting with why were the accounts for the year ending 30th April 2020 only returned yesterday.

Also it appears they only asset is the value of a CRM solution that I could have written in a weekend...
        Haven't seen them. As I said that was a comment from a former colleague.
        I am trying to see the asset value in a CRM system as in most cases these are of negligible value unless the data is very, very hot and very vast eg millions of customers and potentials.
        Probably didn't want to submit them but probably couldn't afford the fine if they were submitted late from what I heard!
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

This is because the forum is kept strictly government compliant and we all know how that goes. Times are changing. Mainstream media is dead. Authoritarian media is dead. In addition to that many free thinking members have been banned. Now that Covid killed small businesses. No one cares about contracting. But better times will come.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

Haven't seen them. As I said that was a comment from a former colleague.
            I am trying to see the asset value in a CRM system as in most cases these are of negligible value unless the data is very, very hot and very vast eg millions of customers and potentials.
            Probably didn't want to submit them but probably couldn't afford the fine if they were submitted late from what I heard!
            You can find them at https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

It seems they were signed off by TheFaqqer in November, but not submitted until now but as net current assets fell from £650,000 to £30,000 I think that is all you really need to know.
            Last edited by eek; 20 April 2021, 18:42.

Comment

It sounds like the membership fell off a cliff.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

TheFaqqer spending time signing off accounts intead of posting tulip on here - that's the reason for decline!

That and banning people for starting innocent polls!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  It sounds like the membership fell off a cliff.
                  Not in these accounts - accrual income (which reveals membership subscriptions) has dropped but only from £1,864,000 to £1,706,000.

And a ~£160,000 drop in income doesn't explain a £620,000 drop in current assets.

Now were a combination of Covid and IR35 changes going to have significant changes they wouldn't be revealed in these accounts but the notes highlight issues and some potential over confidence (if you are furloughing staff in this type of company chances are they haven't got a job to go back to).
                  Last edited by eek; 20 April 2021, 20:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    Hate to say it, but i think the downturn started when scoots sulked off with his crayons...
                    bring scooty back , we need his investment advice

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      This is the current list of visitors to the site
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_9.png
Views:	612
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	4158287
                      It's the Norwegian Blue of sites: it's only standing up coz it's nailed to its perch.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X