• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charity Shops: "We don't want the sh!t you found in the back of your shed"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

give us yer feckin money!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I went past a charity shop the other day and I noticed they had loads of fascinators and fancy hats.

Anyway in my area people frequently Ieave stuff out on the street in front of their houses, though never seen any fascinators and fancy hats....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have loads for the charity shop (decent kids clothes, they grow so bloody fast!) and children's books, but I've been punting other stuff on eBay with a fiver starting price and most of it sells.

We have those honest-to-goodness traveller folk who come round and collect metal items that people leave out. I had a skip recently and had to tell a few of them more than once that there was no scrap metal in it.

The in-laws are moving house and we had to pay a firm £130 to clear their garage but they were very efficient. Other than that you have the local tip/recycle center however since covid you now have to book a week or three in advance rather than just "tip up."

Planning a trip to the tip, we live in interesting times.

qh
        Last edited by quackhandle; 16 April 2021, 07:04.
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

NLUK
          I've been accused of a lot of things, and guilty of most. But reading out of date IT books is a first and definitely wrong

I'm more of a jazz mags from the bins in the truckers car park at service stations type.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Lady this morning on Times radio who is a senior charity worker she was asked what she thought were the most unusual items donated, it seems they get sex toys on a regular basis.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Lady this morning on Times radio who is a senior charity worker she was asked what she thought were the most unusual items donated, it seems they get sex toys on a regular basis.
              Second hand sex toys

Comment

Way back in the mists of time in another life, I remember a lady colleague bringing a vibrator into the workshop on afternoon shift asking if we could fix it.

Oddly, no one volunteered.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Way back in the mists of time in another life, I remember a lady colleague bringing a vibrator into the workshop on afternoon shift asking if we could fix it.

Oddly, no one volunteered.
                  I keep watching BBC 3 health programs where they mention using sex toys. The doctor always asks the participant do they clean them regularly....

Comment

Working...
                  X