• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mind of a Daily Mail reader

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a long bet - by 2040 all cars will be electric and motorways turned into toll roads - she’ll sell for twice the price while us losers will be getting negative rates wealth tax

Comment

Jackie McCormack, 58, and her husband moved into the 'absolutely beautiful' detached three-bed home in Coleshill, near Birmingham, at the end of February.
      I bet it isn't.

She complains that if the estate agent viewings had been at 2pm she'd never have bought it.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It’s a long bet - by 2040 all cars will be electric and motorways turned into toll roads - she’ll sell for twice the price while us losers will be getting negative rates wealth tax
        Most of the noise is from the tires, motors are quite quiet these days. Electric will only reduce the fumes.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          Most of the noise is from the tires, motors are quite quiet these days. Electric will only reduce the fumes.
          Per mile pricing coming very soon

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            There are a number of large new developments happening not too far from me now. All of them are right up close to busy dual-carriageways, it seems as if developers and councils seem to hate poor families - the Boomers didn't have to put up with such a poor existence when they were raising their children, Thatcher even sold them their council houses on the cheap.

Britain has become such a cruel place.
            When did they stop putting tall trees as a break between house/gardens and fast roads?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              When did they stop putting a mile of trees between house/gardens and fast roads?
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                Yes, the planning department are the real villains here. She was stupid to buy there, but a 70mph road only a few feet from a new build is moronic. If one of their grandchildren kicks a ball over the fence you've got every chance of a potentially fatal crash.
                Oy mister, 'scuse me, can we have our ball back please?

And surely it's got to be "6 and out" when they play cricket and the ball goes over the fence?
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

So she didn't notice the dual carriageway even when she viewed it and never thought it "might" be a busy road?
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    So she didn't notice the dual carriageway even when she viewed it and never thought it "might" be a busy road?
                    Looking at the approach to James Mundy Rise, you have to drive down said dual carriageway to get to it.

Whilst it's bad that the council allowed housing to be built so close to the road, this story is a simple tale of what happens when you don't do your research. You can't visit seven times and not consider visiting at different times of the day, or different days of the week. To say they don't blame the estate agent is naive - the estate agent knew the best time to book a viewing in.

Comment

Some entertaining comments on there though, like this troll: "A 'dream home' for 350k? Hilarious! Clearly she's a person with low aspirations in life. My conservatory cost more than that."

Comment

Working...
                      X