• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cruising is coming home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruising is coming home

Given the US CDC attitude to the cruise companies and our vaccine success the cruise lines are bringing their ships to the UK for around Britain cruising and its a success. The cruises are selling out fast with many already fully booked and once the Americans find they can fly but not cruise they'll be flying here in droves to snap up any remaining cruises. It's boom time for the ports and if anyone wants a job I'm sure there's a staff shortage as getting the traditional crews out here may be problematic. Even Branson is bringing his ship home

They'll be cruising for a bruising

Comment

I suppose that means Hampstead Heath will ring to the sound of giggling and groaning from behind every bush at all hours!

It's the dog walkers I sympathise with.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
        Given the US CDC attitude to the cruise companies and our vaccine success the cruise lines are bringing their ships to the UK for around Britain cruising and its a success. The cruises are selling out fast with many already fully booked and once the Americans find they can fly but not cruise they'll be flying here in droves to snap up any remaining cruises. It's boom time for the ports and if anyone wants a job I'm sure there's a staff shortage as getting the traditional crews out here may be problematic. Even Branson is bringing his ship home
        Cool ... but are these inside or outside contracts? And I'm not taking less than £550 p/d
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

It's the dog walkers I sympathise with.
          The dogs are the cover story - in case the wife asks

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

The dogs are the cover story - in case the wife asks
            You need to be careful with your phraseology, unless its a Freudian slip, as 'to cover' is a term in dog breeding! But each to their own!
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

You need to be careful with your phraseology, unless its a Freudian slip, as 'to cover' is a term in dog breeding! But each to their own!
              Whoops.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Cool ... but are these inside or outside contracts? And I'm not taking less than £550 p/d
                Doing favours for sailors? If you're hoping for £550 a day, I think you should expect quite a lot of 'inside'...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                X