• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling a flat to someone who owns the building... any point using an agent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need an estate agent for the sale. You will probably spend an hour two of your own time chasing solicitors or conveyancers than you might if you used an agent but probably worth the saving in this case.
    Generally speaking I personally recommend using solicitors as opposed to conveyancing firms. Might cost a few notes more but they are more often than not better and can sort out any unforseen more easily too.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

yep make out like its snowing and you have a garage full of sleds. Maybe tell him you will sell next year! Agree adding a few quid as it completes his investment. My ex BIL's parents bought the cottage next door to make a huge house on the village green paid a premium for next door.
      Holiday lets are a fortune (I think we were estimated a grand a week for a small flat) BUT a lot of expense to run if you're not local. We looked into this and after cleaning and management I think the revenue wasn't much more than BTL, and someone else takes half the dosh. Some of them even charge you if you want to use it yourself!

We have a tenant in so I think next year is where it's at and we're probably too busy with other ventures right now
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

We have a tenant in so I think next year is where it's at and we're probably too busy with other ventures right now
        You can sell with the tenat in situ. Then when the tenant moves on/is given notice the buyer will have unfettered access.

You can make a big thing of the added value of him completing his monopoly set and if he wants to pay you well over the odds for it then would be daft not to bite his hand off busy or otherwise IMO
        Last edited by MrC; 7 April 2021, 17:27.

Comment

Originally posted by MrC View Post

You can sell with the tenat in situ. Then when the tenant moves on/is given notice the buyer will have unfettered access.

You can make a big thing of the added value of him completing his monopoly set and if he wants to pay you well over the odds for it then would be daft not to bite his hand off busy or otherwise IMO
          I know if you have an AST you have to keep the tenant, I couldn't recall if a rolling tenancy allowed transfer or a new contract must be signed.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I know if you have an AST you have to keep the tenant, I couldn't recall if a rolling tenancy allowed transfer or a new contract must be signed.

Rolling continues.
            New Landlord must issue S21 if they want the tenant out after completion.
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Cornwall property market seems to be going a bit nuts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56734468

Has news spread about where AtW lives?

"Birmingham city centre is the worst place for sellers"
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Newquay's not even that nice. And I doubt SDLT has much bearing as it only applies to residences IIRC

Comment

Working...
                X