• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a bigot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a bigot

Jay Leno sorry for jokes about Asian-Americans

Last week, six Asian-American women were killed in a shooting in Atlanta, along with two other people.
    The network noted how between 2002 and 2012, the comic and presenter made at least nine jokes about Korean or Chinese people eating dogs or cats.
    Well that must be what caused it.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Whilst the jokes are not funny in today's climate, and it's debatable as to whether they were funny at the time they were told, I can't see how they can be directly linked to the shooting(s).

Comment

Maybe the perpetrator was a dog/cat lover. The Swiss in the south of the country used to eat cat. But that was only in the poor remote areas, where they'd eat any animal that died on the farm.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Whilst the jokes are not funny in today's climate, and it's debatable as to whether they were funny at the time they were told, I can't see how they can be directly linked to the shooting(s).
        I had't even realised these jokes were on the banned list. Considering Asian culture does include loads of things we don't palatable in the West it's tasteless(!) but hardly "Asian hate" or worthy of a public apology.

How long before we have to all be making public apologies for jokes about the Welsh and Cornish?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          They were out wok-ing the dog at the time.......... I'll get me coat......
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Not the only piece of shooting-related bigotry from a high-profile American going on right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDcTIowSQFs
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Yeh. Too many people jump to conclusions without waiting for the details. The assumptions people make are not always without some justification based on past events, patterns do exist in society, but high profile people should wait for the details before spouting.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I had't even realised these jokes were on the banned list. Considering Asian culture does include loads of things we don't palatable in the West it's tasteless(!) but hardly "Asian hate" or worthy of a public apology.

How long before we have to all be making public apologies for jokes about the Welsh and Cornish?
                Benny Hill would be classed as racist these days. Although he joked about foreigners he also loved them and loved foreign culture hence his shows were sold to countries all over the world.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Not the only piece of shooting-related bigotry from a high-profile American going on right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDcTIowSQFs
                  not really
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

not really
                    Not really what?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X