• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Stuck In Suez

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's free!

Suez Canal: Ever Given container ship finally freed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Bearing in mind all the chinese tat I've ordered on Aliexpress always fails within a week, does that mean it's not even worth opening the stuff I've got on order that's late? Dead on arrival?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Becoming a trend:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1919...g-early-hours/
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          They should pay the crew proper wages as then they may get people who don't make costly mistakes.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bloomin' copy cats.

Littlehampton was my childhood stomping ground.

Comment

The blamestorming has started

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uez-Canal.html

Indian crew of the Ever Given face ARREST as Egyptian authorities probe crash that blocked the Suez Canal for a week – amid fears they will be made 'scapegoats' for the chaos
              • Union officials fear the 25-man Indian crew onboard Ever Given could be arrested and 'made scapegoats'
              • Bow of the 220,000-ton Ever Given was finally dislodged from the sandy bank of the Suez Canal on Monday
              • Fleet of tugboats used high tide to pull on the ship while rescue teams vacuumed sand from the canal bank
              • It remained unclear how long it would take to fully re-open the canal with £6.5bn of trade held up every day
              • Japanese-owned vessel got wedged in crucial trading passage last Tuesday, disrupting global shipping
              "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Comment

It's arrived in Felixstowe four months late

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ur-months-late

Comment

I was reading a Beeb article about day trippers who went to see it arrive.

I want to know what's on it.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

MF’s sledges

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

According to the article, so do the people buying the stuff... which I found a little odd, surely there is an exact inventory?

A lot of perishables which have to be destroyed, though presumably not too gross as the containers are climate controlled - are they?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X