• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what happened to 'Tax Day'?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what happened to 'Tax Day'?

Despite 23rd March being widely trailed as tax day and the usual doom about the potential loss of tax allowances, nothing at all in the news today.

It did happen though, document here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ns-spring-2021

Off payroll is section 2.4 - not very interesting.

None of the oft-expected pension allowance reductions.

Overall boring, unless you are fiddling tax on your second home of course.

Hopefully "2.2 Clamping down on promoters of tax avoidance" will have some proper teeth to stop nefarious schemes peddling their lies to nurses and teachers...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Hopefully "2.2 Clamping down on promoters of tax avoidance" will have some proper teeth to stop nefarious schemes peddling their lies to nurses and teachers...
      I've lost count of the number of times that's been trotted out over the past 10 years.

Nothing they've tried so far seems to have worked.

Cross post:
      https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...promoters.html
      Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 24 March 2021, 07:46.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Nothing about ER?
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          Nothing about ER?
          Nope, unless it goes by another name

Comment

Rishi was just looking for an opportunity to soften you up with the words “tax day” . This wasn’t about new policy announcements, rather technical fixes and consultations. The next “tax day” is the Budget. Remember, the Budget nominally happens in the autumn now

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Nope, unless it goes by another name
              like BADR....
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

everyday is a tax day

Comment

I do wonder about the pension thing. They've trial-ballooned this pre budget so many times over the last few years, when are they actually going to do it? Perhaps they are getting a bit of pushback from somewhere (backbenchers?).

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
                    I do wonder about the pension thing. They've trial-ballooned this pre budget so many times over the last few years, when are they actually going to do it? Perhaps they are getting a bit of pushback from somewhere (backbenchers?).
                    They do it every budget for the last 5 years at least.

It’s a distraction from other taxes they increase on the proles

Comment

Working...
                    X