• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Riots in Bristol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

BrilloPad tried to start a riot once, but nobody else turned up. Just one fool in a batman costume.
    I thought he had promised not to mention your attendance.. now you out yourself.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Or that police vehicle number plates are hidden on the DVLA website...? They are, after all, coded in various ways and not published.

The local guys have a good idea who the 200-300 instigators of the violence are and are starting to round them up. This was simply criminal vandalism, nothing more, nothing less.
      The Police car pictured is a Ford Kuga and the reg matches up to a Ford Kuga with no MOT and no tax
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

The Police car pictured is a Ford Kuga and the reg matches up to a Ford Kuga with no MOT and no tax
        OK then, I dug out the actual answer as opposed to my earlier off the cuff one.

Police vehicles are not required to be MOT'd, although they do receive very regular maintenance. Also, as Crown vehicles, they do not require road tax, And, incidentally, insurance is covered by central funding - just like Post Office vans for example.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

OK then, I dug out the actual answer as opposed to my earlier off the cuff one.

Police vehicles are not required to be MOT'd, although they do receive very regular maintenance. Also, as Crown vehicles, they do not require road tax, And, incidentally, insurance is covered by central funding - just like Post Office vans for example.
          Back in the 1980s I got to know most of the number plates of unmarked police cars around Leicester as I lived in some quite dodgy areas and they could often be seen staking places out if you learned how to spot them. Usually there'd be a whole bunch with consecutive number plates (e.g. YRY 210Y to YRY 223Y), and often any Post Office vans from the same registration year would have plates in a similar range - as I recall, the PO were somewhere in the YRY 3xxY range that year

Comment

Working...
          X