• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are the Judge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

That's caused by too much oestrogen in the water supply, it's turning some blokes into fannies!
    Or too little housing so couples are not having children because they can't raise them in comfort.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

So in your opinion telling someone that you are appreciative of how they look at a works do could get you fired and see you accused of sexual discrimination?
      Notice I said "could"

I'm sure there have been several employment tribunals covering different forms of discrimination at work events, and the crux of the matter is you need to treat a work event like you are at work.

This is why context is important.

And would the same be true if you met them outside of work at a bar or club?
      It could be counted as a work event if loads of people from work are there.

It really does make the whole process of interacting with the opposite sex even more of a minefield than it ever was if that can be justified.
      Nope the other male posters don't seem to have the same issue.....

No wonder the birth rates and marriage rates are dropping like stones.
      That's not why birth rates are dropping.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

1) Pretend you haven't noticed her as you don't want to appear "creepy" and overbearing

2) Tell her that she looks fantastic and ask her if you can buy her a drink
        I love the idea that this is the only two options. Like, you couldn't just say hello?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

I love the idea that this is the only two options. Like, you couldn't just say hello?
          Would you want Spuddy to say hello to you?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Would you want Spuddy to say hello to you?

Comment

I have absolutely no issue with the door being held open for me. I will let the kind person know if they don't need to (usually when I'm dawdling and can't be arsed to speed up). Sometimes they will wait, sometimes they don't. That's their choice to make.

A compliment is always nice to receive, how it's delivered is what's important. That depends very much on the relationship you have with the person. The sort of compliment I'd expect from your average CUKer would be: "hair looks nice, did you come on a bike?" or "thanks for having a wash before you came out" or "is someone paying you to wear that?".

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I have absolutely no issue with the door being held open for me. I will let the kind person know if they don't need to (usually when I'm dawdling and can't be arsed to speed up). Sometimes they will wait, sometimes they don't. That's their choice to make.

A compliment is always nice to receive, how it's delivered is what's important. That depends very much on the relationship you have with the person. The sort of compliment I'd expect from your average CUKer would be: "hair looks nice, did you come on a bike?" or "thanks for having a wash before you came out" or "is someone paying you to wear that?".
                You took all my best lines
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

WALOOB

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

You took all my best lines
                    I think I got them from you in the first place

Comment

Scenario 1

You are walking through some swing doors at your workplace when you notice a female colleague a few metres behind you and following in your wake. Do you

1) Hold the door open for her because you believe it to be the courteous good-mannered thing to do?

2) Let the door go as you don't want to patronise here

3) As 1, but if she looks about to complain you're being patronising, let it slam
                      FTFY.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X