• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Jab, No Job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Finally.

Officials are said to be looking at whether staff who decline a jab could be compelled by law, ..
    I don't believe anyone should be compelled by law to have a Covid jab.

But I do firmly believe that if any NHS or care worker refuses then security should be called to compel them out of the front door and they should be dismissed from their job pronto!

(It might be said that amounts to being compelled by law, but only in as far as a claim for unfair dismissal would fail, rather than being held down and physically forced to have the jab, which is what I am referring to)
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 3 March 2021, 11:08.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Yeah, can’t be compelled, that would be morally awful, not fit for a civilised enlightened society, but totally ok to lose job and try to survive on Universal credit ...

Comment

An employer has a duty of care to you. If you don't have the jab they would have to move you to do other work to prevent you getting infected. If there is no other work they can move you to then they will have to dismiss you.
        Problem is with the care home staff they will probably be refused shifts if they don't have the Jab even if they can't get it.

I would prioritise the jabs for these professions, 3 refusals / non attendances for the jab and you get reassigned. If you can't get the jab you get reassigned.

It seems to be endemic in Prisons a prison officer we know has already had it as have many of his inmates, luckily he is in his 20s and is also a personal trainer so he wasn't hit too badly (apparently it was pretty bad).
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Yeah, can’t be compelled, that would be morally awful, not fit for a civilised enlightened society, but totally ok to lose job and try to survive on Universal credit ...
          Refusing a vaccine in an enlightened society is morally awful as well, I chose not to do medical in any way as these are the types of decisions you have to make.

f I make a cock up in my job we lose a few million quid at worst.

Comment

An employer has a duty of care to you. If you don't have the jab they would have to move you to do other work to prevent you getting infected. If there is no other work they can move you to then they will have to dismiss you.
            That's one way of looking at it.

The other way is that you, as the worker, accepts the risk of infection?

Comment

Originally posted by Great Parks View Post

I'd be interested to hear what your symptoms were.

I have very mild respiratory symptoms for 3 days then extreme fatigue with headache behind the eyes for a further week and loss of sense of smell and taste. Back to 100% after a fortnight.
              Both my parents (in their early 60's) tested positive for covid but neither one of them ever showed any symptoms. 2 of my friends (mid 30's) also had it and couldn't get out of bad for 2 weeks.

This is just to say that older generations are tough as nails, while the younger ones are just a bunch of weak bums.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's one way of looking at it.

The employee accepts the risk of causing an infection?

Comment

And liability for spreading it? Worker better have their own insurance to cover losses with this highly infectious virus

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

The employee accepts the risk of causing an infection?
                    Originally posted by AtW View Post

And liability for spreading it? Worker better have their own insurance to cover losses with this highly infectious virus
                    Well I was responding to the duty of care from the employer to the employee aspect.

Has it been proven that the vaccine prevents transmission as well as illness? I thought that one still needed more data.

Comment

Has it been proven that the vaccine prevents transmission as well as illness? I thought that one still needed more data.
                      Vaccine prevents for certain, it was unclear by how much but so far it seems 2/3 is a reasonable number, which is a lot since this can cut R to below 1 nicely.

Comment

Working...
                      X