• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Jab, No Job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If recall correctly I was vilified for pointing ut that if you have had the virus you are immune and jabbing someone who is immune is a. Pointless b. Causes worse effects than on a non-immune patient.

It was pointed out to me that those in the NHS were at risk of repeated doses of the virus from infected patients and that was why they required top notch protection. Does this jab help those at risk of repeated infection? If not then then I suggest natural immunity is sufficient.

What a pity the only test available to NHS patients is whether you have it or not, for the statistics, not whether you are immune.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      If recall correctly I was vilified for pointing ut that if you have had the virus you are immune and jabbing someone who is immune is a. Pointless b. Causes worse effects than on a non-immune patient.
      False claim - there are varying degrees of anti-bodies from Covid depending on factors we don't know for sure, but with a jab it's all scientifically calcualted to get enough anti-bodies to provide specified degree of protection (that was actually tested in real world).

Also with new variants prior infection of Covid no longer guarantees tulip.

Either way, going forward anybody without a GREEN passport will be confined to their dwelling most of the time - otherwise it would be treated as bioterrorism

HTH

Comment

there are varying degrees of anti-bodies from Covid depending on factors we don't know for sure, but with a jab it's all scientifically calcualted to get enough anti-bodies to provide specified degree of protection (that was actually tested in real world).
        Cods wallop. Human challenge trials of the real virus have only just started. Patently there was no money in the trial for those creating the vaccines which is why it has been left to the real scientist to investigate.

Comment

Human challenge isn’t necessary to establish if vaccine cuts transmissions also - it’s not like this is the first ever vaccine that does it

Comment

It's fair if they sign a waiver that there are no comebacks. Construction workers aren't allowed on site without safety equipment - this is an NHS equivalent.
            Go on a building site without a hard hat, brick falls on you from above, tough.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Great Parks View Post

I'd be interested to hear what your symptoms were.

I have very mild respiratory symptoms for 3 days then extreme fatigue with headache behind the eyes for a further week and loss of sense of smell and taste. Back to 100% after a fortnight.

On balance, I'd rather go through that than either of the 2 bouts of flu that I've had over the last 10 years. Tore my lungs apart on both occasions. Nasty.
              Symptoms do vary a lot but for me it was in bed solid for 2 weeks, no appetite (loss of taste/smell, lost 2/3 of a stone in weight), no sleep, extreme muscle pains in legs (funnily enought nothing much top half wise ), headache behind right eye that lasted for a week and would not respond to pain killers. Tightness of chest/breathing. Mostly ok now but tiredness/weakness persists as does some minor breathing/chest issues (I can pop out for a short walk but running and weights are out even though i used to do both 3/4 times a week as well as boxing before I caught Covid). Flu used to knock me out for 3/4 days once a year but there were no post effects unlike Covid. Hope you're feeling back to normal (I'm going to attempt a light run this weekend lungs permitting!)

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                It's fair if they sign a waiver that there are no comebacks. Construction workers aren't allowed on site without safety equipment - this is an NHS equivalent.
                Err, they just won’t allow you without one

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

Cods wallop. Human challenge trials of the real virus have only just started. Patently there was no money in the trial for those creating the vaccines which is why it has been left to the real scientist to investigate.
                  The vaccines for this virus were developed in a few months and then trialled. They are even being trialled now on all of us e.g. 12 week gap between doses. There hasn't yet been sufficient time to do human challenge trials.
                  Last edited by SueEllen; 3 March 2021, 14:18.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    On a construction site if you get injured for not wearing safety equipment only you will get injured and may die.

In the NHS, Care Home, Prison etc you can injury or kill someone else. You can't sign a waiver to cover that as the employer/company has a duty of care to other staff, workers and users of the service.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Are NHS staff required to have Measles jab, because that seems more comparable as a transmissible disease for which the population are routinely vaccinated?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X