• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2021 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payback will follow the ‘Bounceback Budget’

Higher earners are braced for future tax rises to pay for post-pandemic stimulus”

https://www.ft.com/content/36d85c0d-...4-793167a59f81

Comment

“Mr Corbyn said Mr McDonnell had "sent substantial papers to the Treasury" proposing a furlough scheme last year, while the Government's proposal to increase corporation tax to 25 per cent by 2023 is only slightly less than Mr Corbyn's proposal of 26 per cent, which he campaigned for at the last election.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...jeremy-corbyn/

Proves malvolio’s point - Labour would have done it anyway, so move along, nothing to see here

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        “Mr Corbyn said Mr McDonnell had "sent substantial papers to the Treasury" proposing a furlough scheme last year, while the Government's proposal to increase corporation tax to 25 per cent by 2023 is only slightly less than Mr Corbyn's proposal of 26 per cent, which he campaigned for at the last election.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...jeremy-corbyn/

Proves malvolio’s point - Labour would have done it anyway, so move along, nothing to see here
        Sooooo, Tory voters claim Labour policies are left wing, crazy bat-tulip, and yet the Tories are copying them and the Tory voters think all is good?

Love it
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

“The boardroom conversation becomes more fiddly, based on balancing super-deduction against later tax rises, rather than having clear, long-term incentives for expansion, hiring and new product lines.

Why did Sunak go down this route? The first thing to be said is that it was his idea. He is not raising taxes under duress.

My colleague Daniel Finkelstein explained the chancellor’s thinking this week. He revealed that Sunak had commissioned a study showing that Conservative chancellors are just as likely to raise taxes as to cut them. Sunak was encouraged by this finding, although that may be an example of confirmation bias, of the chancellor liking a message he wanted to hear.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...dget-nvzw8n3p2

So that’s how decision making works there?

Comment

Did I miss update about 350 mln per week savings?

Comment

Mr Corbyn's proposal of 26 per cent, which he campaigned for at the last election.”
              Corbyn would have set corp tax at 26% before the pandemic and have already spent that money before the pandemic hit.

After the pandemic, i.e. now, he would have jacked up corp tax to 32% or higher.

G7 average rate is 32.5%. So he could of easily got away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Corbyn would have set corp tax at 26% before the pandemic and have already spent that money before the pandemic hit.

After the pandemic, i.e. now, he would have jacked up corp tax to 32% or higher.

G7 average rate is 32.5%. So he could of easily got away with it.
                Project Fear. You don't know that, it's a lie, this is whataboutery to try and justify what your pals the Tories are doing.

HTH

Comment

Corbyn would have done worse - therefore Tory Scum got mandate to do whatever they want and you’f better like it, or else

Comment

Corbyn would have done worse - therefore Tory Scum got mandate to do whatever they want and you’f better like it, or else
                    Exactly

Comment

People really need to have the self-awareness to understand whether it's a good or bad budget has nothing to do with "am I going to be better off?"

Whorty gets his stamp duty extension, PC gets his extra £20 a week, what are we complaining about anyway If you can't make your profit seem <50k what sort of contractor are you.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X