• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2021 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Sure, you could take the entire amount in salary if you wanted.
    You don't need to. Just drop £40k into your private pension. That will build a nice warchest for you over time.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Semi-official info -

https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...ated-documents

Comment

Official Budget documents here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...2021-documents

Comment

Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
          can't see how they will taper corporation tax but it does mention a "gradual increase"

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You don't need to. Just drop £40k into your private pension. That will build a nice warchest for you over time.
            Sure, I will be doing that, but £40k is £40k and, corner shops aside, we really are pretty tiny businesses. The old small profits rate was up to £300k, as I recall.

The Tories are basically indistinguishable from Labour now, even John McDonnell's Labour. CT at 25%, British Investment Bank etc., all Korbyn policies. The only difference is with housing policy where John McDonnell's Labour would be infinitely better.

Comment

Good on Keir, no tax should be rising now

Comment

No change to CGT or BADR / ER unless I've missed it.

Still glad I MVL'd quick time anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  No change to CGT or BADR / ER unless I've missed it.

Still glad I MVL'd quick time anyway!
                  Later this year, next April at the latest

Comment

Rishi is expecting to raise 17 bln from extra corp tax in 2026 - Labour Govt will be very grateful

Comment

Corp Tax @ 25%
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X