• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did Boris boink her as well?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Boris boink her as well?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rate-liar.html

Sounds like a woman scorned or she has a book out.

Former French ambassador Sylvie Bermann brands Boris Johnson an 'inveterate liar' and slates Brexiteers for demanding gratitude for the 'myth' that Britain liberated Europe in the Second World War
    • Sylvie Bermann said Mr Johnson is a man who uses 'lies to embellish reality'
    • She also took aim at hardline eurosceptics in a new book, Goodbye Britannia
    • Said they 'peddle the myth' that Britain defeated the Nazis by itself
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Certainly true that the US and Russia played a greater part in defeating Hitler, but at least the UK did a lot more than the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Certainly true that the US and Russia played a greater part in defeating Hitler, but at least the UK did a lot more than the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys.
      Russia with its greater population and military force did indeed repel and then drive the Germans from Russia then harried them through Europe pillaging & looting as they went. Annexing territory on the way through. They however didn't fight the Germans until Hitler invaded Russia in 1941.

The US again didn't join the war until Pearl Harbour in 1941. They did happily sell us munitions before they joined.

The USA & Russia were ~ 3 times larger than the UK at the time.

So the UK were alone 1939-1941 and suffered massive losses during those years keeping the Germans, French & Italians at bay. Maybe we should have just let Europe burn and encouraged the French to learn Russian? You also have to remember it was a Global conflict with the Axis powers attacking our colonies to gain access to their raw materials.

One does have to remember that the Cheese Eating surrender monkeys were the French Politicians at the time. The French resistance was admired and respected by the Allies & Axis powers.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Russia with its greater population and military force did indeed repel and then drive the Germans from Russia then harried them through Europe pillaging & looting as they went. Annexing territory on the way through. They however didn't fight the Germans until Hitler invaded Russia in 1941.

The US again didn't join the war until Pearl Harbour in 1941. They did happily sell us munitions before they joined.

So the UK were alone 1939-1941 and suffered massive losses during those years keeping the Germans, French & Italians at bay. Maybe we should have just let Europe burn and encouraged the French to learn Russian? You also have to remember it was a Global conflict with the Axis powers attacking our colonies to gain access to their raw materials.

One does have to remember that the Cheese Eating surrender monkeys were the French Politicians at the time. The French resistance was admired and respected by the Allies & Axis powers.
        This is just an imperialistic post I don't know where to start unpicking it.

This is also what the former French ambassador was driving at.

If you speak to Polish, Canadians, Australians, West Indians, Indians, etc whose forefathers fought in the war or even generally about the WWII they will give you their version of history. Anyway it helped to speed up the break up of all European Empires particularly the British one.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

If you speak to Polish, Canadians, Australians, West Indians, Indians, etc whose forefathers fought in the war or even generally about the WWII they will give you their version of history. Anyway it helped to speed up the break up of all European Empires particularly the British one.
          He'll be bursting into song soon with "2 world wars, 1 world cup, doo dah, doo dah" ..... got to love people like Vetran eh? Nothing if not jingoistic and predictable
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

watch WWII in colour on Netflix (I think you tube also) UK were a tiny part in the war effort - tiny - surprised me

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

If you speak to Brits whose Forefathers fought in India, Africa etc. protecting their countries I suspect they were glad our forces organised and supported their protection from the NAZis and Japanese. Imagine the final solution in both those countries.

So did the Americans or Russia join our side before 1941? Nope though not.

Poland's Government were in exile in September 1939. Polish forces were defeated by October the 5th 1939.

Russia did invade Poland mainly to convince the Germans to sign a non aggression Pact which lasted until 1941 when Germany invaded.

France had surrendered by July 1940.

So yes the French were nearly out of it when we left Dunkirk having tried to hold the Germans back.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Wor...Europe-1939-41

https://www.britannica.com/event/Wor...n-from-Dunkirk

The other European allies fell fairly quickly.

Yes we had the British Empire and commonwealth troops but we had to protect their homelands as well as fighting in Europe.

Many defended their own or nearby countries from the Japanese and other AXIS powers. Some did fight in Europe but as below the British Isles provided the majority of troops.

During the war the British Empire and Dominions raised a total of 8,586,000 men for military service. More than 5 million came from the British Isles, 1,440,500 from India, 629,000 from Canada, 413,000 from Australia, 136,000 from South Africa, 128,500 from New Zealand and more than 134,000 from other colonies.
              https://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peo...a6651218.shtml

D-Day despite most films suggesting it was an all American thing included mainly British & Commonwealth troops. Even after massive losses in the preceding years.

US=73,000
              Commonwealth=83,115 (61,715 British)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-normandy-the/

Many exiled troops joined the British ranks as well.

If the British Empire hadn't existed how do you think we would have fared in the second world war? If Africa & India belonged to France and Germany which we had spent centuries fighting to prevent that would the Allies have won?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

watch WWII in colour on Netflix (I think you tube also) UK were a tiny part in the war effort - tiny - surprised me
                Tiny before or after Russia & America joined?

Tiny in Europe pre 41?

Tiny in Africa?

Tiny in Burma?

Tiny in Egypt?

Now tiny in the Pacific possibly.

As above there were more commonwealth troops at Normandy than American.

Before 1941 we were the only ones left standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

He'll be bursting into song soon with "2 world wars, 1 world cup, doo dah, doo dah" ..... got to love people like Vetran eh? Nothing if not jingoistic and predictable
                  Well unlike the French Politicians in the 40s we have something to be proud of.

Comment

Well unlike the French Politicians in the 40s we have something to be proud of.
                    I don't know, I'm still only 50% convinced the Hurst goal crossed the line

I do wonder though when people like yourself will allow the world to move on and stop harking back to past 'glories'. You don't seem to be able to let the past sleep and to look forward. I get that as an ex-serviceman it has been indoctrinated into you, but you seem like a smart chap able to think for himself, move away from the military brainwashing and see the world in new eyes. You might even enjoy what you see.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X