• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling a prick! Tales of vaccine shots for your edutainment.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I got my first jab, they just said "we're doing AZ today" so that's what I got.

On my way home later that day, the local medical centre was pulling in people off the street to use up left over doses and they said they were giving out Pfizer that day but would be doing AZ the following week.

I suppose now there's a decent amount of both vaccines in circulation they need to have both available for those getting their second dose and to offer an alternative to those who are either wary or have risk factors which make one more appropriate than the other.

Comment

Yeah in the early days nobody seemed to know exactly what they would get and how much - priority was just getting it out PDQ. The logistics to get to where we are now has to be pretty impressive.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Anyone else doing the Imperial College London in-home coronavirus antibody testing research m'larky?
        Produce blood droplet via lancelet, place blood drop in test apparatus, add reagent and wait 10 mins, take photo of results and upload to the research site

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
          Anyone else doing the Imperial College London in-home coronavirus antibody testing research m'larky?
          Produce blood droplet via lancelet, place blood drop in test apparatus, add reagent and wait 10 mins, take photo of results and upload to the research site

No, I'm registered on some site or other for research but I've not been eligible for any yet.

Comment

Jabbed about two hours ago. Moderna. All very efficient and friendly. Unlike Mrs NAT's experience at a different centre yesterday where it was over crowded and tempers fraying.

Four weeks until the next one.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I had my second jab yesterday, the actual administration of the jab went well, but the backend admin, well..

I had the first jab in the middle of March, but this doesn’t show on my NHS record for some reason. So I’d never be called for my second.

my wife had her 2nd last week, she’s in a younger age group and had her first after me, so I smelled a rat.

I phoned 119 and they confirmed that my record had not been updated for the first jab, so she booked me 2 jabs at Boots, telling me to cancel the second appointment after I’d been for the first.

when I arrived at Boots at the appropriate time they had no record of me, and the booking reference number didn’t show on their system despite it showing to me.

now the second jab has appeared on my NHS app, but the first still hasn’t.

I’m thinking of going in July and having a third jab, then I’ll be able to get a COVID passport.

Comment

My word my arm hurts! Feel very tired as well - but that could be last night's drinkies.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                  I had my second jab yesterday, the actual administration of the jab went well, but the backend admin, well..

I had the first jab in the middle of March, but this doesn’t show on my NHS record for some reason. So I’d never be called for my second.

my wife had her 2nd last week, she’s in a younger age group and had her first after me, so I smelled a rat.

I phoned 119 and they confirmed that my record had not been updated for the first jab, so she booked me 2 jabs at Boots, telling me to cancel the second appointment after I’d been for the first.

when I arrived at Boots at the appropriate time they had no record of me, and the booking reference number didn’t show on their system despite it showing to me.

now the second jab has appeared on my NHS app, but the first still hasn’t.

I’m thinking of going in July and having a third jab, then I’ll be able to get a COVID passport.
                  Phone 119 again to nag as there's obviously a record there somewhere if they can see it. But having a third in July is a decent plan B

Comment

Can someone point me in the direction of the anti-vaxer thread? Is there even one?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Can someone point me in the direction of the anti-vaxer thread? Is there even one?
                      try the sub forum that is where the deluded thickies hang out!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X