• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling a prick! Tales of vaccine shots for your edutainment.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 ish hours after vaccination:

sore feeling in the muscle around the injection site, more noticeable when I move my arm so I won't be doing much of that
    muscle around the injection site also feels quite tender to the touch, so I won't be doing much of that either (glad I tend to sleep on the other side)
    no bruising or other visible signs other than a tiny wee red dot
    feeling very tired but that could also be because I've walked about 8.5 miles today and drank half a bottle of champagne

Comment

FFS you are not supposed drink alcohol for like 3 weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Says who? I read the leaflet they give you and neither that nor the jabbing person mentioned anything about alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Says who? I read the leaflet they give you and neither that nor the jabbing person mentioned anything about alcohol.
          They don’t want to put people off -

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2020...and-after.html

Comment

They don’t want to put people off -

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2020...and-after.html
            They always say that - If most doctors had their way, nobody would ever drink alcohol!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

They always say that - If most doctors had their way, alcohol would be illegal!
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

They always say that - If most doctors had their way, nobody would ever drink alcohol!
                They obviously haven't met any medical students!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

is the side effect worse than the last one ? I am due for second shot of blood clotting vax in a few weeks.
                  the nurse type lady who took my details mentioned that 2nd dose side affects are generally less severe than the first. However, I'm feeling fairly ropey today, similar to the first one.

Comment

They only tell suspected alcoholics that. Well, thatsh my theory.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Mild headache all day today. But as I often have headaches, it could be entirely unrelated.

Achy arm is easing up.

Comment

Working...
                      X