• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling a prick! Tales of vaccine shots for your edutainment.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Only for miserable, negative people actually
    Yeah whatever....

It's actually research driven. Adenovirus vaccines cause worse side effects with the first dose, while mRNA vaccines cause worse side effects on the second dose.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Hurty arm is no longer hurty so that cleared up quick enough.

Just got to survive the next four weeks without a clot
      Pack him off on holiday for a month, sorted!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Pack him off on holiday for a month, sorted!

I was tempted to post that but HWMBO has enough to put up with
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"What one am I getting?"

"The Pfizer one"

*walks outside, opens after care letter*

"What you need to know about your Astra Zeneca vaccine"

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            "What one am I getting?"

"The Pfizer one"

Probably some left over, or a cheap blend.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Got my 2nd Oz Az last week (zero side effects). Grumpy nurse did not want to sign the covid-19 vax entry in my WHO vaccine certificate “… if everyone wants this it would take up our time… blab la”. She did sign it in the end.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Attended this morning at our local surgery for number 2, straight in and out ~7 minutes. Pre loaded with paracetamol so should be ok for headaches. Quite a few friendly volunteers.

Could hardly understand the nurse as her accent was so thick. Bit of a worry as she was asking me important questions.

Injection site sore (might have been her technique) but so far no other symptoms.

Sadly the doctors are seeing hardly anyone so the healthcare backlog is going to be huge.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"What one am I getting?"

"The Pfizer one"

Well there's no harm in knowing all about the Astra Zeneca vaccine, even if it doesn't apply to you!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I think it's more likely she may have made a verbal slip up and I got the AZ one.

Printing out the wrong leaflets for that day should have got noticed at one point by someone surely if they were handing them out to everyone. But then it is the NHS.

If it was the AZ one I'm passed the '4 days till clot death' window.

Comment

I think it's more likely she may have made a verbal slip up and I got the AZ one.

Printing out the wrong leaflets for that day should have got noticed at one point by someone surely if they were handing them out to everyone. But then it is the NHS.

If it was the AZ one I'm passed the '4 days till clot death' window.
                      All the vaccines have an extremely minor risk of causing blood clots.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X