• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread is long enough now that I'm not sure if it's already been posted but...

Posting URL's no longer automagically pulls the link text so you get readable english as the link instead of just the URL e.g posting a link to the BBC used to give you the headline of the page, not just the URL as a link.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Thread is long enough now that I'm not sure if it's already been posted but...

Posting URL's no longer automagically pulls the link text so you get readable english as the link instead of just the URL e.g posting a link to the BBC used to give you the headline of the page, not just the URL as a link.
      Yes, that's been annoying me. I'm planning to check out how they did it on the old version, though if it's not immediately apparent I'll just do it myself; it's not particularly difficult

Comment

Being lazy why does the popup showing who liked and thanked a post appear when you click not on mouseover?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Being lazy why does the popup showing who liked and thanked a post appear when you click not on mouseover?
          Annoying isn't it?

I'll have a dig into the thanks/likes plugin's templates; personally, I'd be happy to see them listed beneath as before, if people don't mind the extra vertical space that would occupy

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Annoying isn't it?

I'll have a dig into the thanks/likes plugin's templates; personally, I'd be happy to see them listed beneath as before, if people don't mind the extra vertical space that would occupy
            I'd prefer that option if it's possible. Otherwise, display on hover over would be acceptable

Comment

Where has all my +ve gone?!

Seems to have appeared now!
              Last edited by TheDogsNads; 2 March 2021, 13:44. Reason: Now displaying!

Comment

Another weird bug (well 2 actually)

If I look on your (Nick's) profile I can see which posts of yours have been liked on the posts thanks / like tab

If I look at my profile I can't

Also it only seems to show today's likes and has a css issue

Comment

Also the latest posts on the front page are wrong

As there are plenty of posts in general yet the most recent one is from over an hour ago and is the last post in the Brexit forum.

Comment

Another weird bug (well 2 actually)

If I look on your (Nick's) profile I can see which posts of yours have been liked on the posts thanks / like tab

If I look at my profile I can't

Also it only seems to show today's likes and has a css issue

Also the latest posts on the front page are wrong

As there are plenty of posts in general yet the most recent one is from over an hour ago and is the last post in the Brexit forum.

The thanks/likes stuff has various problems, at least some related to the fact that the creators of it haven't updated it in forever. I'll give it a thorough overhaul when I have time, as it seems they're busy with other matters so I might as well at least get our install of it working

The front page stuff will be something to do with the weird way they mixed all different kinds of data into one huge database table, then created a really complex Search API to get it back out again divided back into the correct kinds of things

Comment

You can respond to a closed topic

The first time you discover there is a problem is when you click "post reply"

Comment

Working...
                      X