• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another dumb "used JS for the sake of it" issue you might already have seen, is that hovering over a thread title to get a tooltip can take several seconds. You get a little "loading" tooltip. The old version I assume just pre-generated this into the link itself in good old fashioned HTML?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Another dumb "used JS for the sake of it" issue you might already have seen, is that hovering over a thread title to get a tooltip can take several seconds. You get a little "loading" tooltip. The old version I assume just pre-generated this into the link itself in good old fashioned HTML?
      Yes, previously it was just the "title" attribute, which browsers generally render as a tooltip on hover.

It's possible one reason they did this is that the first post text isn't necessarily available at the point the thread title is rendered on the thread list pages, due to a weird design decision which I think came about because of the wholly incorrect belief that the database schema should reflect the object model, along with overgeneralisation of the object model. These misconceptions have resulted in all kinds of problems, but they're so fundamental that it's hard to see what can be done about it

Comment

Something odd happened when giving rep. I got a load of boxes not just one. Also when rep is given and you try press rep again you get a little thin empty box.

Feel free to +ve me to test.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Something odd happened when giving rep. I got a load of boxes not just one. Also when rep is given and you try press rep again you get a little thin empty box.

Oops

Comment

Not sure where the loads of boxes came from, but I'll look into it. The empty UI on trying to rep again suggests I've failed to set up the "You can't do that, you muppet" message correctly, so I'll check that too

Comment

When looking at Community --> Member list --> Sort columns by rep I get an error.

Comment

When looking at Community --> Member list --> Sort columns by rep I get an error.
                KAUTB, it's only the second post...

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2863752

Comment

Another one. Can you make the positive rep button bigger than the negative one as it appears a couple of numpties on here seem to have accidently hit negative because it's too small.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

KAUTB, it's only the second post...

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2863752

Now he's fixed go to last post anything in the previous 23 pages is dead to me

Comment

If you go to My Profile then pick the rep tab at the end. If you pick the username, for example yours NF, it sends you to https://www.contractoruk.com/member/4522-nickfitz but the page is a 404 error.

Comment

Working...
                      X