• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Men's annoying habits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They have Aldis and even a Lidl in richer areas of London now. It is very funny to have your richer friends and associates telling you how cheap and good the salmon tastes.
    WHAT?!?!? FFS, I leave London for a few years and it all goes to pot! What is the world coming to?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

My nearest Lidl is 1.5 miles away (Shepherds Bush) and the nearest Aldi is 3 miles away (Kilburn)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        My nearest Lidl is 1.5 miles away (Shepherds Bush) and the nearest Aldi is 3 miles away (Kilburn)
        In London terms that could be another country ... so I'm pleased to hear your part of London hasn't been spoiled yet
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

In London terms that could be another country ... so I'm pleased to hear your part of London hasn't been spoiled yet
          This is the kind of thing they have been up to -

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2020/04/lidl-opens-central-london-store-tottenham-court-road/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/new-aldi-local-stores-coming-20071665

Obviously store expansions stopped in 2020 for obvious reasons...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

In all honesty Waitrose have gone down hill. They have an identity crisis; they don't know whether to go cut-price or upmarket plus the free coffee has disappeared along with customers.
            Not in my local Waitrose. If the sun's out I often pick up a free coffee and a free newspaper and head to the park.
            England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post

Not in my local Waitrose. If the sun's out I often pick up a free coffee and a free newspaper and head to the park.
              Ahh you are one of the old gits who elbows me out if the way in my local Waitrose.

I always feel sorry for the mostly teenage/20-something staff.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh I'm very polite to the staff. Half of them went to school with my kids.

I'm less patient with the unwashed proletariat who stand there staring gormlessly at the cheese aisle while I wait to pluck a pungent soft cheese from the shelves.

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Working...
                X