• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Men's annoying habits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men's annoying habits

Can't really think of many exclusive to men, apart from maybe missing the bowl or leaving the seat up, and perhaps leaving odd socks lying around.

So in the interests of balance, and gender diversity, I'll mention an extremely annoying habit women have - Returning items in supermarkets!

Each time I queue up for ciggies and/or lottery tickets in a supermarket, there's always at least one woman clutching a sheaf of complicated looking receipts and returning a heap of clothes! Usually the long-suffering assistant then has to call a supervisor, and the whole thing takes ages!

Why can't supermarkets have a policy of "You buy, you keep. NO refunds or returns, especially of clothes!"?

P.S. I've never once seen a guy in a supermarket returning an item.

And for any women reading this, the obvious implication is that if you buy clothes in a supermarket then they've probably already been worn!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Can't really think of many exclusive to men, apart from maybe missing the bowl or leaving the seat up, and perhaps leaving odd socks lying around.

So in the interests of balance, and gender diversity, I'll mention an extremely annoying habit women have - Returning items in supermarkets!

Each time I queue up for ciggies and/or lottery tickets in a supermarket, there's always at least one woman clutching a sheaf of complicated looking receipts and returning a heap of clothes! Usually the long-suffering assistant then has to call a supervisor, and the whole thing takes ages!

Why can't supermarkets have a policy of "You buy, you keep. NO refunds or returns, especially of clothes!"?

P.S. I've never once seen a guy in a supermarket returning an item.

And for any women reading this, the obvious implication is that if you buy clothes in a supermarket then they've probably already been worn!
    When did Waitrose start selling clothes?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Ask your butler.

Comment

I think this thread could have been titled 'People's annoying habits' as even the examples you gave aren't peculiar to men.

I definitely recall, whilst very, very drunk I hasten to add (not that it paints me in any better a light), missing the toilet bowl for a wee because I was too far gone to position myself properly. Or I slid off it. I don't really remember TBH.

So, in a gender neutral way, my gripes are:
        - not walking in a straight line. Pick a side of the pavement and stick with it!
        - not paying attention to where you're going (closely linked in some cases to the above)
        - shouting (using outdoor voice) when I in the same room as you
        - ignoring delivery instructions
        - breathing in my presence

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Ask your butler.
          He's outside washing the car ... and damned if I'm going out in that weather.

Comment

(cough) Maybe that's where I've been going wrong, but Tescos is so handy for me and there isn't a Waitrose for miles
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by owlhoot View Post
              (cough) maybe that's where i've been going wrong, but tescos is so handy for me and there isn't a waitrose for miles
              INKSPE and AYCOTBAC

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I think this thread could have been titled 'People's annoying habits' as even the examples you gave aren't peculiar to men.

I definitely recall, whilst very, very drunk I hasten to add (not that it paints me in any better a light), missing the toilet bowl for a wee because I was too far gone to position myself properly. Or I slid off it. I don't really remember TBH.

So, in a gender neutral way, my gripes are:
                - not walking in a straight line. Pick a side of the pavement and stick with it!
                - not paying attention to where you're going (closely linked in some cases to the above)
                - shouting (using outdoor voice) when I in the same room as you
                - ignoring delivery instructions
                - breathing in my presence
                Surely the worst one is getting to the ticket barrier and then deciding to look for your fecking ticket ......

YOU'VE BEEN ON THE FECKING TUBE, THEN FECKING ESCALATOR, IT'S NOT A FECKING SURPRISE YOU NEED YOUR TICKET TO GET THROUGH THE BARRIER, YOU FECKING FECKWIT

Is what someone may say, when they've had a beer or two

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  (cough) Maybe that's where I've been going wrong, but Tescos is so handy for me and there isn't a Waitrose for miles
                  Never knew there were parts of the country without a Waitrose ...... poor, poor people

Comment

Surely the worst one is getting to the ticket barrier and then deciding to look for your fecking ticket ......

YOU'VE BEEN ON THE FECKING TUBE, THEN FECKING ESCALATOR, IT'S NOT A FECKING SURPRISE YOU NEED YOUR TICKET TO GET THROUGH THE BARRIER, YOU FECKING FECKWIT

Is what someone may say, when they've had a beer or two
                    I forgot about that one. That said, I've not used public transport for the best part of a year so it's no longer in the front of my mind.

Vicious tutting required in that scenario.

Comment

Working...
                    X