• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why would any man get married?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Businessman who claimed his wife refused to have sex with him drops bid to nullify their marriage | Daily Mail Online

Since 1969, marriage is a disaster zone for men(though before that it was a disaster zone for women). Spend the money on cocaine and hookers. What is left over can be squandered.

Probably the best way out of this is for women to be treated properly in the workplace.

Man and woman marry. Within months it becomes clear that it's a disaster - both parties agree this. He doesn't want a divorce, he wants an annulment, based on they never consumated the marriage. She has a text from him proving that they did - "Let's get back to the hotel, so we can have even better sex than last night". So the divorce was granted.

Looks like he behaved like a bit of an arse there. He lied about not having sex with her.

I guess what's triggered you is
    She added her estranged husband, who studied economics and management at Oxford, had a company worth 'millions of pounds' and lawyers said she would not have been able to make a money claim if the marriage was nullified.
    but there's no mention of a settlement, and no indication at all that's she made money out of it. For all we know they could have a prenup.

Because not all marriages are disastrous. And when it works, it's rather good. But you know this or you wouldn't have married so often. Keep hoping!
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Because not all marriages are disastrous. And when it works, it's rather good. But you know this or you wouldn't have married so often. Keep hoping!
      He keeps falling for the old lie " when we're married I'll swallow....."
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Annulment is such an out of date notion nowadays. Why is there still this legal nonsense about all marriages being consumated?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          He keeps falling for the old lie " when we're married I'll swallow....."
          A woman will swallow as long as she avoids one food.

Wedding cake....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Annulment is such an out of date notion nowadays. Why is there still this legal nonsense about all marriages being consumated?
            Because marriage is a very ancient arrangement who's main purpose was to provide male citizens for society. In ancient times families only normally brought one girl up, the rest were in pre Christian times left in an area where childless couples could pick one up. Post Christian they were left outside nunneries. That's why in Euripides Medea the killing of Jason's sons would have been so horrific to the mainly male audience. If it was daughters, it would not have had the same effect, in fact would have been weird as there would have two of them.

If the marriage was unconsummated then it wouldn't be valid as no male citizens could be born.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

"Why would any man get married?"

I refer you to our episode of Escape to the Country ...
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                For all we know they could have a prenup.
                Its true we don't know. But it does seem highly unlikely. Not getting a prenup was his second mistake.
                I have a friend. Well that's not true - you all know that. My landlord when I was down in London. His marriage lasted 37 days. Now he has a girlfriend who visits every weekend. They are both blissfully happy. You don't need a contract to be happy.

The family courts love increasing their power over people. Though taking a divorce to court is a bit like taking a fire to a fire station and watch them pour napalm on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  "Why would any man get married?"

I refer you to our episode of Escape to the Country ...
                  You need to cycle wearing embarrassing shorts to make a marriage work?

Given how much you were punching above your weight I will make an exception for you....

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                    Because marriage is a very ancient arrangement who's main purpose was to provide male citizens for society. In ancient times families only normally brought one girl up, the rest were in pre Christian times left in an area where childless couples could pick one up. Post Christian they were left outside nunneries. That's why in Euripides Medea the killing of Jason's sons would have been so horrific to the mainly male audience. If it was daughters, it would not have had the same effect, in fact would have been weird as there would have two of them.

If the marriage was unconsummated then it wouldn't be valid as no male citizens could be born.
                    I refer the honourable member to my original comment - it's an out of date notion.

Comment

Working...
                    X