• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This seems a good explanation why our death rate is so high.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems a good explanation why our death rate is so high.

Understanding excess mortality: comparing COVID-19’s impact in the UK to other European countries | The Health Foundation

Too late, too old and too ill.

In order to learn the lessons we need to understand not just how countries have differed but why. There are five major areas for investigation:
    • The proportion of the population infected before lockdown. This depends on where and how widely the virus was introduced, how quickly it spread and the timing of the lockdown measures.
    • The spread of the virus through the population after lockdown. Some of the factors affecting this are lockdown policies and adherence, the availability of PPE, how testing was used, and the protection given to care homes.
    • How at risk the population was, for example, the prevalence of risk factors such as obesity.
    • Access to and the quality of health care received by patients with COVID-19.
    • Health care for non-COVID-19 patients.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

People die to make Tory Party look bad

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      People die to make Tory Party look bad

I think they managed that without the death. I don't think they expected the NHS to actively spread it to care homes.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        I think they managed that without the death. I don't think they expected the NHS to actively spread it to care homes.
        They (Tory Party) did not expect a highly infectious (and deadly) virus will spread everywhere without strict mitigation measures?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Must admit, that was a scandal, as was continuing to allow temps to dot between multiple care homes for short stints at each
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I agree with most of it except the obesity thing.
            It's wildly overstated how much impact it has on Covid deaths. Morbid obesity is pretty bad if you have Covid, but obese and overweight are very low factors.
            Age is the big factor. And that was known a year ago.

So quite how the catastrofook in care homes happened is bizarre. But like Grenfell, they'll take far too long and blame so many in the chain that any justice will be totally watered down, and just the victims families left with the sh1t.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              I agree with most of it except the obesity thing.
              It's wildly overstated how much impact it has on Covid deaths. Morbid obesity is pretty bad if you have Covid, but obese and overweight are very low factors.
              Age is the big factor. And that was known a year ago.

So quite how the catastrofook in care homes happened is bizarre. But like Grenfell, they'll take far too long and blame so many in the chain that any justice will be totally watered down, and just the victims families left with the sh1t.
              All 100K+ of them at the current count.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Care home outbreaks and deaths are still happening, this from my local news site:

Covid deaths and outbreaks confirmed at three more Cornwall care homes - Cornwall Live

If all the vulnerable have been vaccinated then any deaths may be due to normal causes and not covid, unless the vaccine isn't that good at preventing death of people in 'god's waiting room'.

In the meantime the local figures are being driven by such outbreaks while the rest of the population are forced to lockdown. Like banning all from driving coz a few muppets wrapped their care home daytrip bus around a tree.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Care home outbreaks and deaths are still happening, this from my local news site:

Covid deaths and outbreaks confirmed at three more Cornwall care homes - Cornwall Live

If all the vulnerable have been vaccinated then any deaths may be due to normal causes and not covid, unless the vaccine isn't that good at preventing death of people in 'god's waiting room'.

In the meantime the local figures are being driven by such outbreaks while the rest of the population are forced to lockdown. Like banning all from driving coz a few muppets wrapped their care home daytrip bus around a tree.
                  Young people live in care homes and they aren't all waiting for god.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

[PC]Covid deaths aren't important[/PC]
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X