• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chests not breasts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The statistics demonstrate that hospitals talking about chesticles have an above average success rate.

Brighton and Hove to lead the charge in maternity improvements | Brighton & Hove Independent

Other NHS trusts will aspire to continuously make improvements, whereas the NHS trusts mired in scandals will no doubt continue with outdated practices such as "breast-feeding".

Yes they only have over twice the death rate of a maternity unit in Japan. Such over achievers! Try putting it into an international context.

At the moment the perinatal mortality rate in Brighton and Hove is 5.53 for every 1,000 live births – or more than one a month.

The national average of 5.64 is slightly higher than the Brighton and Hove figure but in Greece it is 4.8, in Estonia it is 3.4, in Finland 3.2 and in Japan 2.4.
    You made yourself look a right tit!

I can just see it, this time next year we will kill less newborns than Greece!

Oh looks like they are going to learn from the research which suggested one of the key reasons we had higher death rates was because we didn't do enough caesareans.

Breastfeeding take-up is also high but almost one in three babies are delivered by caesarean section, with the 30.4 per cent rate comparing with a national average of 25 per cent.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I am sure that is the reason. Its not random or for some other reason...

Shush its the master!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Yes they only have over twice the death rate of a maternity unit in Japan. Such over achievers! Try putting it into an international context.

You made yourself look a right tit!

I can just see it, this time next year we will kill less newborns than Greece!

Oh looks like they are going to learn from the research which suggested one of the key reasons we had higher death rates was because we didn't do enough caesareans.
        I think you enjoyed your sanctimonious rant, so my post wasn't wasted.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think you enjoyed your sanctimonious rant, so my post wasn't wasted.

Indeed, I enjoyed pointing out the NHS isn't the best in the world and we have lots of work to make it so. Now if only our politicians & NHS leaders felt the same way!

Comment

Indeed, I enjoyed pointing out the NHS isn't the best in the world and we have lots of work to make it so. Now if only our politicians & NHS leaders felt the same way!
            It isn't suprising given the unwillingness of Tory voters to fund it adequately.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

It isn't suprising given the unwillingness of Tory voters to fund it adequately.

Are you saying Greece & Estonia's health services are funded better than ours?

Greece Health expenditure as a share of GDP, 1960-2020 - knoema.com
              Greece 8.0

Estonia Health expenditure as a share of GDP, 1960-2020 - knoema.com
              Estonia 6.7

Japan Health expenditure as a share of GDP, 1960-2020 - knoema.com.

Japan 10.9

United Kingdom Health expenditure as a share of GDP, 1960-2020 - knoema.com

UK 9.6

If you notice mothers are twice as likely to die in child birth compared to Greece. 1.5 times more likely to die than Japan.

The NHS is great but it needs fixing, more funding isn't a panacea.

Comment

It isn't surprising given the unwillingness of Tory voters to fund it adequately.
                It is plenty well funded.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Are you saying Greece & Estonia's health services are funded better than ours?

Greece Health expenditure as a share of GDP, 1960-2020 - knoema.com
                  Greece 8.0

Estonia Health expenditure as a share of GDP, 1960-2020 - knoema.com
                  Estonia 6.7

Japan Health expenditure as a share of GDP, 1960-2020 - knoema.com.

Japan 10.9

United Kingdom Health expenditure as a share of GDP, 1960-2020 - knoema.com

UK 9.6

If you notice mothers are twice as likely to die in child birth compared to Greece. 1.5 times more likely to die than Japan.

The NHS is great but it needs fixing, more funding isn't a panacea.

Greece's public health meltdown

Of course they have great post-maternity as you pointed out, that's because ageing Tory voters hog the NHS at the expense of younger patients.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    It is plenty well funded.
                    From a Tory perspective it is.

As vetran points out Greece spends less.

Greek health system on the verge of collapse
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

From a Tory perspective it is.

As vetran points out Greece spends less.

Greek health system on the verge of collapse

So do Ireland, Luxemburg and Poland

Healthcare expenditure statistics - Statistics Explained

We spend more than Finland and Iceland do they have bankrupt health services?

Comment

Working...
                      X