• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government is sexist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government is sexist

They haven't dragged out one of their female ministers yet to argue -- "No we are not!"

Covid: Support '''repeatedly skewed towards men''', say MPs - BBC News

Government policies have "repeatedly skewed towards men", a committee of MPs has said in a report on the impact of coronavirus on men and women.

Committee chair Caroline Nokes said the government had "repeatedly failed to consider" the labour market and caring inequalities faced by women.

The report makes 20 recommendations including making it easier for staff to get flexible working arrangements.

The government said it had spent over £200bn on job support schemes.

"Throughout the pandemic this government has done whatever it takes to protect lives and livelihoods, and will continue to do so," a spokesperson said.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

What on earth does she want? There is a world wide pandemic on and she has the flexibility to homeschool where he doesn't. I mean, she works from home already. And not having any time to do any of her, very flexible work, due to home schooling all day. Utter tulipe. What on earth does she want? What does she think will make the policy less sexist?

None of the recommendations would work for someone in her position anyway.

There is definitely a case where the difference between men and womens careers can be addressed for sure but that womans situation is not it.

That tulipe reporting is worth of the rags, not BBC
    Last edited by northernladuk; 9 February 2021, 10:09.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

There is definitely a case where the difference between men and womens careers can be addressed for sure but that womans situation is not it.
      What's the difference between a mans career and that of a woman?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Plenty of areas that can still be addressed on both sides if you want to pick it apart but that's not the point. This woman in this climate is not an example of any of them.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If they have an equal financial reward or a reward skewed towards the female, the female is willing to give up the role of full time mother and her partner willing to step up then there needn't be.

If as I suspect her husband pays the bills and her clothing business makes very little (otherwise we would be informed they are in poverty because her clothing business is failing, its basically pin money) then it makes sense for her to stop work to home school. I am not quite sure why the husband can't contribute to the home schooling I assist after work and I have a fairly busy job.

As mentioned before Mrs V & I discussed this before we had kids and made a decision that my salary would support us and that meant Mrs V did the majority of the childcare while I worked long hours & travelled to chase the money. If she had started a business that paid all the bills and I could give up work then we would discuss it again.

My kids are all likely to go to university and study for well paid jobs so hopefully the discussion may have a different conclusion with their future partners. A small number of couples are now either equal pay or skewed towards the female.

The reason for some ladies not being able to have it all is because the universe isn't fair. Sorry. There are plenty of people out of a job completely and boldly carrying on.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Women go to the divorce court and say they do all the work - what do they expect in the real world?

Women get a bad deal in the workplace. But its 100 times better than men get in the divorce courts.

If only women could say what they really want. Oh I forgot. They want a "zigazig ah". I am pleased that was cleared up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Women go to the divorce court and say they do all the work - what do they expect in the real world?

Women get a bad deal in the workplace. But its 100 times better than men get in the divorce courts.

If only women could say what they really want. Oh I forgot. They want a "zigazig ah". I am pleased that was cleared up.
              Now I await Whorty to come along and say marriage is great....

Comment

Since women stay home in a sexist society while men work, they are less at risk of Covid.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Since women stay home in a sexist society while men work, they are less at risk of Covid.
                  Depends if they are 'bored'! Some women I've known in the past could have been like that typhoid fountain in London where everyone has a drink !
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Up until relatively recently, 5 years.

Then it was evened up.....in the name of fairness.

Since then we have been inundated with cries of indignation from the relatively small number of women who were most affected by having their rights equalised.

Go figure.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X