• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Price Crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Price Crash

After 20 years of waiting for house price crash they have given up. it seems the website has been sold.
    There will be no house price crash now in UK forever
    housepricecrash

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    After 20 years of waiting for house price crash they have given up. it seems the website has been sold.
    There will be no house price crash now in UK forever
    housepricecrash

I used to go on that site about 13 years ago.

I used to tell them a story about one of my in laws who was on minimum wage got a 120K mortgage back in 2004, after prices had already doubled in greater London.

When i asked my in law, if we was worried about a house price crash, he replied 'No the government will never let housing collapse again, so many people are now loaded up with debt, they wont let it ever happen again'.

When i re told this story to that site, and also told them all to buy after the 2008 mini crash, they banned me.

Now fast forward 13 years, nearly everyone on that site is saying the same thing: "the government wont ever let house prices crash"
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 19 December 2020, 04:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
      "the government wont ever let house prices crash"
      They have no choice. Housing is the only hard asset left in the UK after selling off all the infrastructure to foreign owned private companies (no surprise many MPs are landlords who won't be turkeys voting for christmas), then employing the same to build any major new stuff like those nuclear reactors.

As it is they don't need to crash the price they just crash the currency it's sold in by way of magic money tree 'printing'.

Buy gold/bitcoin () and the price of houses falls over time whatever they do with sterling in its death throes on the way to digital sterling, to let them reset the world debt game in orchestration with the world banks seeing as all major economies are built on the same unsustainable national debt.

House prices (along with all other asset classes) are a side effect of that endgame we have been in since 2008 publicly and way before then in reality.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I wonder if all this extra money injected into the economy as Covid relief won't lead to a bout of inflation within a year or two.

The resulting rapid rise in interest rates after all this time, and tax rises, will work wonders for the UK housing market. Not.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Crash was off the table ever since I bought me bedsit over kebab shop

Comment

The government would do anything and I mean anything at all to prevent a house price crash, it's insane and doing a great deal of damage to the UK economy as such a large portion of people's income is now spent on the mortgage payments their finances have become quite vulnerable.

There should be a crash. Lots of things the government should do, or rather stop doing.

Comment

Crash might not happen, but neither might price growth which was the only thing supporting this Ponzi scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                The government would do anything and I mean anything at all to prevent a house price crash, it's insane and doing a great deal of damage to the UK economy as such a large portion of people's income is now spent on the mortgage payments their finances have become quite vulnerable.

There should be a crash. Lots of things the government should do, or rather stop doing.
                People have always spent a large proportion of their income on mortgage payments. Interest rates in the 1980's and 1990's were much higher than today. That is always the case when you buy a new house. After several years and a few salary increases it gets easier.

Nothing much has changed.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  People have always spent a large proportion of their income on mortgage payments. Interest rates in the 1980's and 1990's were much higher than today. That is always the case when you buy a new house. After several years and a few salary increases it gets easier.

Nothing much has changed.
                  The principal is now much larger so the interest rate is not the issue. On top of this, salary growth has flat-lined.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

That's not true. It's a great narrative but factually way off.

I know we all like a graph so here's the stats to prove it

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X