• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The French to Blockade ferries.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The French to Blockade ferries.

Oh its like the Lamb blockades lets see them set fire to a few Halibut.

French fishermen warn they will set up BLOCKADES in the Channel if there is a No Deal Brexit | Daily Mail Online

Rogoff is worried French fishermen will be robbed of their fish by their European neighbours in they can't access British waters.He argues that large trawlers, mostly Dutch-owned, are taking large quantities of fish from the Channel - in both the French and English waters.
    'Despite what [these big trawlers] claim, they fish the same species as us, including mackeral,' Rogoff told 76 Actu. 'Our coastal fleets are robbed of part of their quota by these huge boats.
    'As a result, it is the UK today that provides us with quotas and there is no guarantee that they will so again after Brexit.'
    The practices of the Dutch shipowners are 'for the most part everywhere in the Channel, whether on the French or English side,' he added.
    But he fears 'a concentration of these giants on the French side because the English will no longer let them go to their homes'.

What has happened to the friendly all in it together EU we know and love?

TLR - The French are upset that the British will no longer put up with the Dutch and others taking all their fish, so the French will blockade British vessels as they are worried the Dutch will shaft them in future, seems to be someone else's problem to me?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post

French fishermen warn they will set up BLOCKADES in the Channel if there is a No Deal Brexit | Daily Mail Online

What has happened to the friendly all in it together EU we know and love?

TLR - The French are upset that the British will no longer put up with the Dutch and others taking all their fish, so the French will blockade British vessels as they are worried the Dutch will shaft them in future, seems to be someone else's problem to me?
    We decided to divorce from them. As many posters here can testify, the friendly, what's mine is yours, till death us do part wife/husband can become a vicious, psychotic, mad axe murderer once the divorce process starts.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
      We decided to divorce from them. As many posters here can testify, the friendly, what's mine is yours, till death us do part wife/husband can become a vicious, psychotic, mad axe murderer once the divorce process starts.

Hmm but one expects slightly better from countries.

There is a reason why we want to divorce them.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They managed to get into two tax evasion schemes masquerading as “legal”?

Comment

Hmm but one expects slightly better from countries.

Why? At least your wife/husband presumably did once choose you over all others. Countries are almost by definition out to get the best for their population at the expense of all others.

I've yet to be convinced by any reason put forward for Brexit, but am happy to accept that others see it differently.
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
            Why? At least your wife/husband presumably did once choose you over all others. Countries are almost by definition out to get the best for their population at the expense of all others.

I've yet to be convinced by any reason put forward for Brexit, but am happy to accept that others are dumbasses who refuse to accept they're wrong despite a staggering amount of evidence
            FTFY
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

That would be a shame. Halibut is quite expensive and very tasty.

Code:
                     o                 o
                                o
                       o   ______      o
                         _/  (   \_
               _       _/  (       \_  O
              | \_   _/  (   (    0  \
              |== \_/  (   (          |
              |=== _ (   (   (        |
              |==_/ \_ (   (          |
              |_/     \_ (   (    \__/
                        \_ (      _/
                          |  |___/
                         /__/

Comment

Perhaps we can send them all the frogs we dredge up as compensation

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
                  Perhaps we can send them all the frogs we dredge up as compensation
                  I don't think ladymuck would approve of that

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I don't think ladymuck would approve of that
                    Why drag me into this?

Comment

Working...
                    X