• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

History of Allergic Reactions -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    You suggested the race course not me.
    No. The race course was chosen by a company, a government department and a CCG working together. I did not suggest it to them.

I did suggest the race course injection site
    Make up your mind.

...which we don't have as every injection apparently needs 20 NHS staff.
    I've never said that, sure you're exaggerating for Wail effect. The original comment was that 3 trained people should be required. Not sure how you get from 3 to 20, maybe it was written on the side of a bus?

If we are going to do 140 million injections some risks will need to be taken. Stupid risks shouldn't be taken though. So fit healthy 18-50 year olds i.e. those who are low risk (without serious allergies or illness for clarity) could be done in the mass injection sites, the more risky ones in hospital. This should be part of the planning the NHS should do, obviously it didn't.
    What planning are you saying they "obviously" didn't do? The people who have had reactions were given the vaccine in a hospital.

As suggested the trained St John Ambulance /Red Cross guys should be backed up by a small number of trained medical staff
    Changed your tune there. You want no NHS staff to now wanting NHS staff on backup.

... only consultants can watch for negative reactions.
    But you just said you want StJA/RC to do it, are you now saying you only want NHS staff to do it? Make up your mind - all this spinning of fact/fake must be making you dizzy.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Page has been updated.

They had epipens. So shouldn't have been given the vaccination in the first place.

At least that's one more test scenario that can be ticked off.

Comment

I wasn't asked when I had mine.

Whenever I've openly pointed out relevant medical history things they seem shocked.

How long have the NHS been doing vaccinations?

You see this in business again & again they start designing a new process they start with a blank sheet of paper. They put down what they remember the memory of some would suggest that Goldfish think like Elephants so they don't remember much.

I always encourage them to look at similar processes and detail the checks needed in them , any new ones etc.

You can change the shape of a process but its worth retaining the normal checks.

Many times you can use the same process but add an additional check or two and a sub process.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Covid: '''How a picture of my foot became anti-vaccine propaganda''' - BBC News

Patricia is suffering from an unexplained skin condition - but a misunderstanding about what might have caused it set off a chain of events that turned her foot into fodder for anti-vaccine activists.

The picture showed purple and red sores, swollen and oozing with pus.

"Supposedly this is a [vaccine] trial participant," read the message alongside it. "Ready to roll up your sleeve?"

Within a day, those same feet had been mentioned thousands of times on Instagram and Facebook. The picture went viral on Twitter as well.

"See they are trying to deliberately hurt us with the vaccine," one tweet read.
          Patricia never received the actual vaccine. Medical records show that she received a placebo, a small injection of salt water. (Researchers do this as a matter of routine, to compare groups that receive a drug or a vaccine with those who receive the placebo.)

Her illness had nothing to do with injections. But that didn't stop activists twisting her story to advance their own agendas. And on top of the physical pain caused by her condition, Patricia received a wave of online abuse.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            4. They received the vaccine in hospitals, surrounded by trained staff who are all carefully monitoring the situation and have immediate access to the correct equipment. How does that compare with the StJA team being called who arrive with a small bottle of O2?
            The StJA have O2? I thought it was just a variety of mints?

Comment

... then don't have the Pfizer covid vaccine.

Two NHS staff members suffer allergic reaction to Covid vaccine - LBC

Regulators have issued a warning that people who have a history of "significant" allergic reactions should not currently receive the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine after two people who had the jab on Tuesday had allergic reactions.
              And so it starts. To dampen the public fear, this has been packaged up as allergic reaction.

Beware chaps, it’s a slow acting nerve agent being released into millions of people as part of a global conspiracy to get rid of aging population.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                The StJA have O2? I thought it was just a variety of mints?

They used to have Vodafone, but had issues with parking.

Comment

How long have the NHS been doing vaccinations?

You see this in business again & again they start designing a new process they start with a blank sheet of paper. They put down what they remember the memory of some would suggest that Goldfish think like Elephants so they don't remember much.

I always encourage them to look at similar processes and detail the checks needed in them , any new ones etc.

You can change the shape of a process but its worth retaining the normal checks.

Many times you can use the same process but add an additional check or two and a sub process.
                  The problem is trying to coordinate ANYTHING at a national level within the NHS is like the cliched herding cats. There is no ONE process for anything much - and where there is some form of process these are are interpreted by trusts in different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    And so it starts. To dampen the public fear, this has been packaged up as allergic reaction.

Beware chaps, it’s a slow acting nerve agent being released into millions of people as part of a global conspiracy to get rid of aging population.
                    Hello troll

I've had an allergic reaction to a vaccine. In my case it was a live vaccine. I still get vaccinations and unfortunately for you I am still alive.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They didn't ask me last week.

Sort of like someone should have planned for this!
                      WVS.

I had much the same reaction to the flu jab ( version with added bits of shark) as I had last year.

No allergic reaction but I suffered rigor on Friday night going to bed and thank the almighty zarquon that electric blankets exist.

No questions were asked re anything other than "Oh, you can have the pneumonia one as well, do you want it now?".
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X