• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

History of Allergic Reactions -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    You are one of those people who read their PowerPoint slides to their audience aren't you?

No i am the one who expects the audience to understand basic stuff and am frequently disappointed. WTFH seems to have trouble understanding the concept of a multi team roll out to maximise our efficiency and seems to think the NHS can organise a social occasion in a brewery under fire. They obviously can't.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Of course it's a good idea, test it on people of least value to society! Have you not read your communist manifesto recently?
      Nothing to do with communism. When aiming for a health objective for an entire species this is simply logical.

I have 2 daughters and 2 parents. Let's say (hypothetically) I am allocated 2 vaccines courses, due to limits on production. Do I choose to vaccinate my parents who are at the end of their life & no longer reproducing, or my children who are?

Maybe I should vaccinate myself as I pay the most tax & avoid vaccinating dad so my inheritance comes quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Very old yes and those unlikely to have an adverse reaction. These are the people that a vaccine that stops them getting sick will help.
        Yep. It's all about balance of risk. T

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Only a matter of time before the paranoid knuckleheads that are up in arms about the "safety" of the vaccine show up quoting the "off-piste" speculations of various discredited medicos.

In many cases these are the same people that will quite happily buy and snort a few grams of "Coke" in the bogs of a nightclub whilst the worse for drink.

You couldn't make it up.

And sadly, we don't need to.

What's wrong with me? I've agreed with both vetran and shaunbhoy in one post... I'm going for a lie down. With a nice warm bottle of whisky.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Do I choose to vaccinate my parents who are at the end of their life & no longer reproducing, or my children who are?
          Or do I choose to vaccinate my parents who are at risk or my children who are at a far far lower risk?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Or do I choose to vaccinate my parents who are at risk or my children who are at a far far lower risk?
            Wise choice at the micro level, not so wise at the macro level. Your children are not at a lower risk of spreading the virus.

You are thinking family, not species.

Comment

Your children are not at a lower risk of spreading the virus.
              Links please, as this is something I'm not aware of. Although I'm thinking of under 10s - not my sprogs some of whom have children.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Links please, as this is something I'm not aware of. Although I'm thinking of under 10s - not my sprogs some of whom have children.
                My pleasure.

Most children who become infected with the COVID-19 virus have no symptoms, or they have milder symptoms such as low-grade fever, fatigue, and cough. Early studies suggested that children do not contribute much to the spread of coronavirus. But more recent studies raise concerns that children could be capable of spreading the infection.

Though the recent studies varied in their methods, their findings were similar: infected children had as much, or more, coronavirus in their upper respiratory tracts as infected adults
                Coronavirus outbreak and kids - Harvard Health

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Of course it's a good idea, test it on people of least value to society! Have you not read your communist manifesto recently?
                  That seems to be the population of the UK then
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Little barstewards. Never trust anyone under 5'. Except Cojak of course... (runs for cover).

Comment

?

Comment

Working...
                      X