• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOOM: Furlough Extended to March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
    If someone can point o anything concrete which states you have to have been affected by corona to be furloughed please do share that.

In fact losing £1 because your stationery costs have gone up could be attributed to corona.

The fact remains that directors can furlough themselves and employees as they wish provided the employees were on the payroll from 30 Oct. I provided the hmrc guidance above and there is no criteria that you need to demonstrate you are affected.
    You are outside of UK, so why do you care, Gricer?

Comment

Yes but still employee of ltd which is Uk based.

Do you understand now

From the hmrc guidance

your employee has more than one job or other duties
      If your employee has more than one job
      If your employee has more than one employer they can be furloughed for each job. Each job is separate, and for claims for periods on or before 31 October 2020 - the cap applies to each employer individually.

Employees can be furloughed in one job and receive a furloughed payment but continue working for another employer and receive their normal wages.
      Last edited by NowPermOutsideUK; 10 November 2020, 21:48.

Comment

Yes but still employee of ltd which is Uk based. Do you understand now
        Yeah I get it, it’s the F-word situation innit?

Comment

If someone can point o anything concrete which states you have to have been affected by corona to be furloughed please do share that.

In fact losing £1 because your stationery costs have gone up could be attributed to corona.

The fact remains that directors can furlough themselves and employees as they wish provided the employees were on the payroll from 30 Oct. I provided the hmrc guidance above and there is no criteria that you need to demonstrate you are affected.

It’s charlatans like you that cause the problems for people who are trying to earn a living.

Have you furloughed your parents yet?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            It’s charlatans like you that cause the problems for people who are trying to earn a living.

Have you furloughed your parents yet?
            He needs the money he "pays them"
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Impressive how people here patronise posters for pointing out the rules of the furlough scheme on the somewhat false pretence of upkeeping moral standards.

I don’t know why I bother highlighting the rules and providing evidence of those rules for people to them personally attack for abiding by the rules

I again asked for evidence to suggest that you have to be affected by coronavirus to be able to furlough. Still waiting for someone to show me that

Comment

I don’t know why I bother highlighting the rules and providing evidence of those rules for people to them personally attack for abiding by the rules
                You're right; you should probably just stop posting all these inane questions.

Comment

Working...
                X