• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London perm salaries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #81
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    ******* hell. This dialogue is so unhinged I am going to have to ask Scooter to draw a graph.
    Leave him to it. He'll be in jail in three years...
    Blog? What blog...?

    Comment


      #82
      Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
      Thanks on reflection my statement that from a 100K salary my take home of 3.9k is rather generous because:

      1) I have to take £10 a day for underground from zone 3
      2) I have to buy Pret lunch and two coffees costing £10

      So that means I have daily expenses of £20 or £400 a month - My 3.9K salary is in fact 3.5K now
      OK - this is tantamount to trolling.

      1) Go by bus. Max £4.50 a day with an oyster card
      2) Take sandwiches and a flask.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

      Comment


        #83
        Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Leave him to it. He'll be in jail in three years...
        We should appoint you as treasury counsel - That way we can get rid of courts and first tier tribunals and you can made decisions based on limited input and without any understanding of the professional advice or indemnity insurance that advisers have been paid for

        On a serious note this advice has been provided by a mid sized accountancy firm (not Darren Upton) so I am satisfied this is all above board and I have yet to hear any reason otherwise.

        This thread was not about putting parents on payroll but rather what a 100K salary buys you - I trust this is now well explained

        Comment


          #84
          Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
          We should appoint you as treasury counsel - That way we can get rid of courts and first tier tribunals and you can made decisions based on limited input and without any understanding of the professional advice or indemnity insurance that advisers have been paid for

          On a serious note this advice has been provided by a mid sized accountancy firm (not Darren Upton) so I am satisfied this is all above board and I have yet to hear any reason otherwise.

          This thread was not about putting parents on payroll but rather what a 100K salary buys you - I trust this is now well explained
          Only to the extent that you seem to believe you shouldn't pay tax...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

          Comment


            #85
            Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            OK - this is tantamount to trolling.

            1) Go by bus. Max £4.50 a day with an oyster card
            2) Take sandwiches and a flask.
            Or equally walk and eat the leftovers - These expenses would have been properly deductible as a contractor -

            I am showing you that from a 100K salary you are not going to earn much IF you also have some modest passive income. I have no idea what others on this board do or what income they have but to me these numbers show why many people will not be able to move from contracting to perm

            Comment


              #86
              Originally posted by eek View Post
              Only to the extent that you seem to believe you shouldn't pay tax...
              Pay all the tax required and not one penny more is my motto

              Comment


                #87
                Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
                Or equally walk and eat the leftovers - These expenses would have been properly deductible as a contractor -

                I am showing you that from a 100K salary you are not going to earn much IF you also have some modest passive income. I have no idea what others on this board do or what income they have but to me these numbers show why many people will not be able to move from contracting to perm
                I wonder what percentage of the population would regard £75K a year as a "modest" passive income.

                I'm also not sure why this part of the thread is still running. It can be summarised as:

                Q. If I earn more and decide not to use any of the legal tax efficient approaches available to me, do I pay more tax?
                A. Yes

                Comment


                  #88
                  Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  I wonder what percentage of the population would regard £75K a year as a "modest" passive income.

                  I'm also not sure why this part of the thread is still running. It can be summarised as:

                  Q. If I earn more and decide not to use any of the legal tax efficient approaches available to me, do I pay more tax?
                  A. Yes
                  Contractors who have spent the last ten years earning 650 -> 850 a day with very little breaks and buying property along the way are very likely to have this sort of warchest. Unless they have gone through a divorce or bought ferraris then this is how the cookie crumbles

                  Comment


                    #89
                    {emotionless greeting}

                    Three Word Slogan

                    Comment


                      #90
                      Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
                      Pay all the tax required and not one penny more is my motto
                      There is a fine line between tax avoidance and tax evasion - I lot of people on here who I trust their opinion of (far more than I trust yours) think you've well and truly crossed over it.

                      Oh and medium size accountancy firms are renowned for being slightly less conservative on the taxes front (often a good thing unless and until HMRC have a reason to come calling)
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X