• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid is RAcist!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You can have 4 wives if you treat them equally...
    It varies from sect to sect. Some are one wife, some unlimited. "treat them equally" is generally translated to sleep with them treat them equally.

In Shia, a men can have "fixed term temporary wives" blessed via payment to the mullah. The marriage can last from one hour to several months or a year then it automatically expires.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      I have Jewish and Muslims in my extend family, I have attended Synagogues, Mosques and Churches. I lived opposite a mosque for five years in my youth and knew the people well. I have read the Koran several times I can assure you I know far more about the Sunni and Shia than you do. No, they don't book a space to pray, and yes, many Sunnis pray five times a day and Shia three times a day. I think you are talking with a lack of experience in the subject.
      In the UK? Do they work? If they do is it in an office? (an environment people on this forum would actually meet and interact with muslims on a friendly basis). Not denying it happens, just never seen or heard it except for Friday prayer.

They usually are quite open about friday prayer so not sure why they would hide their prayer for the rest of the week but what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
        In the UK? Do they work? If they do is it in an office? (an environment people on this forum would actually meet and interact with muslims on a friendly basis). Not denying it happens, just never seen or heard it except for Friday prayer.

They usually are quite open about friday prayer so not sure why they would hide their prayer for the rest of the week but what do I know.

I think the answer is it depends. I used to cycle to work past one of the Mosques and Friday morning was always the busiest you would see tens of believers on the pavement walking to the mosque the rest of the week it was 1 or 2. Gentlemen in traditional dress with their near teenage sons.
        Last edited by vetran; 19 August 2020, 13:15.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I think the answer is it depends. I used to cycle to work past one of the Mosques and Friday morning was always the busiest you would see tens of believers on the pavement walking to the mosque the rest of the week it was 1 or 2. Gentlemen in traditional dress with their near teenage sons.
          The actual religious Muslims I've worked with find a room/space to pray if there isn't a prayer room.

However most of the Muslims I know and am related to (my parents were actually converts to Christianity so not sure why Paddy has got his knickers in a twist) aren't religious so you are lucky to find them praying on a Friday.

Oh and all my local Mosques you do have to book but then they are the Mosques who do open days.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Plus churches were getting ever emptier long before Covid.

PS All that bowing right down in Mosques. If they had alternating men and lady rows I'd convert.
            However, all the women would suddenly become apostate.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              The actual religious Muslims I've worked with find a room/space to pray if there isn't a prayer room.

However most of the Muslims I know and am related to (my parents were actually converts to Christianity so not sure why Paddy has got his knickers in a twist) aren't religious so you are lucky to find them praying on a Friday.

Oh and all my local Mosques you do have to book but then they are the Mosques who do open days.
              I've had one Muslim colleague who used to pray during the work day. None of the others seemed any more fussed than Roman Catholic colleagues do about Church teaching on sex, contraception etc. Each to their own etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I've had one Muslim colleague who used to pray during the work day.
                I had a contractor working for me who did that. On pub occasions, he wouldn't join us, but would bring in a big tray of samosas his wife had cooked. He was a very nice guy.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I had a contractor working for me who did that. On pub occasions, he wouldn't join us, but would bring in a big tray of samosas his wife had cooked. He was a very nice guy.
                  If he was bringing in home made samosas, he could be a PoS as far as I'm concerned.
                  Last edited by Old Greg; 19 August 2020, 14:32.

Comment

Just thinking out loud.

Whats the best religion for getting time off during the day and days off generally.

What religions have the best perks, nothing like multiple wives, thinking about decent pray rooms at airports instead of lounges.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      Just thinking out loud.

Whats the best religion for getting time off during the day and days off generally.

What religions have the best perks, nothing like multiple wives, thinking about decent pray rooms at airports instead of lounges.
                      Multiples wives doesn't sound like a perk.

Comment

Working...
                      X