• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock cube crush

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock cube crush

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

You didn't know?

It's designed that way to make it easier/cheaper to pack and stack in smaller, regular shapes.

They don't write "Squeeze to use" on toothpaste, cause most people are smart enough to work that one out.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I use Knorr stock pots. Nothing to crush.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        You got a crush on Knorr?

Comment

Although that's one way of doing it, it's hardly how you're "supposed" to do it. Have you ever seen an Oxo ad where they show it done that way? No, they always show the cube extracted from its packet and then crumbled.

I've been using this supposedly correct method for fifteen or so years since somebody showed it to me, and it's not that easy to get right even with practise; and it's basically impossible with cubes that are very hard, which happens with some batches.

The reason it's described as how you're "supposed" to do it is down to the psychology of clickbait: people get a kick out of sharing something that suggests they have superior knowledge to those with whom they share it, and the fact that they've clearly only learned it three seconds before doesn't seem to reduce the buzz they get from it.

If it said "I was today years old when I found out that there's a rather fiddly way of crumbling stock cubes which is only marginally better than the way I've always done it and sometimes doesn't work at all" it wouldn't have that ring of authority

Comment

I'm still recovering from the incident when the instructions on the tin said "stand in boiling water for 15 minutes"

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I'm still recovering from the incident when the instructions on the tin said "stand in boiling water for 15 minutes"

Did you boil your head as instructed by SueEllen?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Swiss Vegetable Boiullon Powder.

Comment

oh you read the wail?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/...7353054256.jpg
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

And then the old man took you up the Oxo Tower.

Comment

Working...
                    X