• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How forthcoming are you required to be to the police?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Having argued with several police officers(and received many plaudits too I might add), you can know your rights and enforce them. It will make no difference to the outcome but take longer. PNC check is typical - which always makes me laugh.

I am not fan of the police force, though I am hugely supportive of individual officers. At the moment, the force is doing a great job. IMO.
    They're not a "Force" anymore, they're a "Service" and that transition was where it went woefully wrong!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

To be fair to the dimwitted bobbies it isn't always simple. As I said earlier, may be safer to drive a few miles to a rural area with few people than go to a more crowded park near town. However, is it a good idea for those from towns with high infection rates to drive to more rural areas with low rates?

Don't have to be an expert statistician to know that risk of catching it
      = (chance of being within infective distance of someone) x (chance of that someone being infected)
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        To be fair to the dimwitted bobbies it isn't always simple. As I said earlier, may be safer to drive a few miles to a rural area with few people than go to a more crowded park near town. However, is it a good idea for those from towns with high infection rates to drive to more rural areas with low rates?

Don't have to be an expert statistician to know that risk of catching it
        = (chance of being within infective distance of someone) x (chance of that someone being infected)
        Oh, they have a terrible job. But I would suggest better to target sites where they see people gathering than to preemptively shut places down or harass people.

It's stop & search all over again - now they can stop anyone they don't like the look of. "Can you tell me what essential travel you're on... by the way what's that I can smell?"
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Evidently you don't have the right to remain silent (unless you don't want a fine):

York woman fined for breaching coronavirus rules - BBC News

Comment

Working...
          X