• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How forthcoming are you required to be to the police?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    THis is basically what I was thinking. Round here they've found the time to drive out to tiny 2-car car-parks people in the village drive to to walk their dogs on woodland paths, and put up posters that look like they were done on a home-printer.

This was actually raised by at least 2 reporters on today's CV briefing, the topic of police being over-zealous in their interpretation. Last thing you want is a policeman being given power to decide the rules.
    Quite. There is actually nothing in the law that defines what local means or that bans driving:

‘Stay local’ during the pandemic message strengthened

It really makes no sense to stop people driving a couple of miles to walk in a little used area instead of walking through a built up area to exercise in a crowded park.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

UK police guidelines to clarify lockdown powers following criticism | UK news | The Guardian

I didn't expect the Guardian to be standing up for our personal liberties!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

They’re damned if they do damned if they dont
        if someone you know / love dies of Covid 19 and it gets worse you’ll be begging for the police and army to make people stay at home. So basically stay at ******* home
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Having argued with several police officers(and received many plaudits too I might add), you can know your rights and enforce them. It will make no difference to the outcome but take longer. PNC check is typical - which always makes me laugh.

I am not fan of the police force, though I am hugely supportive of individual officers. At the moment, the force is doing a great job. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            They’re damned if they do damned if they dont
            Enough about CUK mods. What about the polis?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              UK police guidelines to clarify lockdown powers following criticism | UK news | The Guardian

I didn't expect the Guardian to be standing up for our personal liberties!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
              Dredge the phrase 'lefty bleeding heart hand wringing 'ooman rights do-gooders' from your gammon cortex and it may start the make sense to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Dredge the phrase 'lefty bleeding heart hand wringing 'ooman rights do-gooders' from your gammon cortex and it may start the make sense to you.
                Nah, those lot love the idea of every action being legislated.

Comment

FYI You are legally required to identify yourself to police if you are driving a vehicle - you don't have a right of silence to stay anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                    FYI You are legally required to identify yourself to police if you are driving a vehicle - you don't have a right of silence to stay anonymous.
                    Can you hand over your 'papers' in silence?

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                      Sounds correct. I've no problem doing that. They can write me a letter

It's top story on BBC now: Coronavirus: Police told to be 'consistent' with lockdown approach - BBC News

Comment

Working...
                      X