• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the lockdown a bad idea?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I think AtW's comment is what we could expect from him.

I disagree with you. But I can understand why you think what you think. And I think many more will agree with you with each passing day.
    I can't remember much of what AtW has posted in the past, so I don't know what to expect from him. I've called people idiots on this forum, well the Brexit forum, it's the internet we are all keyboard warriors and as nice as pie to each others faces. Anyway enough of AtW.

I'm not saying the lock-down is a bad idea, I was just asking a question and trying to think things through.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Asking questions and understanding the options around you is not dumb. I regret asking the question because it could feed into the fears of some people and help them only see the negatives. When there are plenty of positives for us.

I'm not dumb or an idiot. I think your comment reflects badly on you AtW.
      It is very interesting how asking a question (irrespective of whether you have even expressed a view yourself on your answer) triggers people. Don't kick yourself for asking the question.

I had the same with my thread, and I'm still being attacked as a 'non-believer' of the virus when all I personally don't believe is the large mortality figures being spouted.

Asking moral and ethical questions is fair enough; we all know we'd love to save everyone, especially our own loved ones, from all illnesses, but the reality is we can't. Tough decisions always have to be made, but thankfully I'm just a lowly IT/Finance professional so these big decisions are not for me to make.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        we are all keyboard warriors and as nice as pie to each others faces.
        Not NLUK I hope!

Comment

AtW has only ever had hysterical idiocy as his primary posting emotion.

I wouldn't take anything he says at face value.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            It is very interesting how asking a question (irrespective of whether you have even expressed a view yourself on your answer) triggers people.
            It happens far more when the cretin king is around.

Though I sometimes post stuff I think is probably nonsense just to have it confirmed.....

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              AtW has only ever had hysterical idiocy as his primary posting emotion.

I wouldn't take anything he says at face value.
              A trait usually found in squirrels....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Not NLUK I hope!

no you have to pay extra for her to hit you in the face. She prefers further down!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm not so sure that I agree with the idea that this lockdown is going to continue forever and decimate the economy. I think we are forgetting that as people get the virus and recover, lock down will be over for them, assuming we get validation that you only get it once. We are expecting tests any day now that will test if people already had it and didn't even notice, could be hundreds of thousands and no lock down for them either. I think the Chinese even had a mobile phone app where they could show their status if asked and it had a red or green screen so it could be seen from the other side of a checkpoint.

I think that the future is a world where if your phone flashes green, you can go out and work and run a restaurant or whatever. Over time, more and more people will move into the group that have had it until we reach herd immunity. Then vulnerable people can start to come out as well.

Comment

Anyways it's best to get this over and done with now.

Once it gets up to 30 degrees in the summer if people are still confined you'll have to be Snake Plissken to get through some areas, esp London where it is going to hit hardest.

People are going to lose grip with reality at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Anyways it's best to get this over and done with now.

Once it gets up to 30 degrees in the summer if people are still confined you'll have to be Snake Plissken to get through some areas, esp London where it is going to hit hardest.

People are going to lose grip with reality at some point.
                      Which is why I expect to see the army on the steets.

Comment

Working...
                      X