• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family's heartbreak as carer, 21, dies of coronavirus with boyfriend by her side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn the lights out. You be able to find them by the smell of their farts.

Comment

Chloe Middleton: death of 21-year-old not recorded as Covid-19 | World news | The Guardian

It's now being reported that the girl didn't actually die of Covid-19. She tested negative for the virus and it looks like she died of a heart attack.

This is the problem with social media stories coming out before official information is released.

Sad for the family.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The Grauniad is free.

And they get Korbyn to write for them <shudder>

I prefer the stories in the Metro and local press around the UK more entertaining.

I'm happy to be corrected, but my understanding is the Metro is the DailyMail lite and produced on the same printing presses as the DailyHate, sorry DailyMail.

Comment

I've found this thread frightening.

"A spokeswoman for the hospital confirmed that a 28-year-old man had died on 24 March after testing positive for the virus. “He died with Covid-19. I cannot tell you whether that was the reason he died,” she said.

He went into hospital with viral pneumonia, but other than that he was healthy. People have got to start taking this seriously.”

If someone is in for viral pneumonia and they're surrounded by people with Covid19 I'd expect at least four tests of them using the best testing methods possible. It's well known that viruses can spread to the heart muscle in some instances. This being recorded as a 'heart attack' in the case of the young girl or this young man is a travesty and defies the logic of, surely intelligent, doctors.

Glad the coroner is coming out with the info.

Comment

Easy way out blame everything on covjd19

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

The same was in the Guardian today.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                I've found this thread frightening.

"A spokeswoman for the hospital confirmed that a 28-year-old man had died on 24 March after testing positive for the virus. “He died with Covid-19. I cannot tell you whether that was the reason he died,” she said.

He went into hospital with viral pneumonia, but other than that he was healthy. People have got to start taking this seriously.”

If someone is in for viral pneumonia and they're surrounded by people with Covid19 I'd expect at least four tests of them using the best testing methods possible. It's well known that viruses can spread to the heart muscle in some instances. This being recorded as a 'heart attack' in the case of the young girl or this young man is a travesty and defies the logic of, surely intelligent, doctors.

Glad the coroner is coming out with the info.
                Can you expand a bit on why someone having the cause of death recorded as a heart attack, after seemingly they had a heart attack, is a "travesty". Rather than having it recorded as CV19 related on the basis of them having a cough?

Also - you've split your quotes above and it makes it look like the hospital spokeswoman said "He went into hospital with viral pneumonia, but other than that he was healthy. People have got to start taking this seriously.” - this was in fact the poor guys mother. It looks like he was tested and positive for CV19 "He was being treated in an isolation ward with other patients who had also tested positive for the virus".

Comment

Originally posted by Highland View Post
                  Can you expand a bit on why someone having the cause of death recorded as a heart attack, after seemingly they had a heart attack, is a "travesty". Rather than having it recorded as CV19 related on the basis of them having a cough?

Also - you've split your quotes above and it makes it look like the hospital spokeswoman said "He went into hospital with viral pneumonia, but other than that he was healthy. People have got to start taking this seriously.” - this was in fact the poor guys mother. It looks like he was tested and positive for CV19 "He was being treated in an isolation ward with other patients who had also tested positive for the virus".

I stripped out some info, but you're welcome to go read the article yourself, as you seem to have done. Sorry, but Covid19 isn't just a cough; it can cause major organ failure and a raft of symptoms that are absolutely horrendous, each of which could result in death of a particular bodily function.

If someone has covid19 it is known to have a myriad of symptoms that affect even the organs and can cause organ failure due to the cytokene storm invoked in some people. I wouldn't expect death to be recorded as "Cytokene storm, RIP" and neither would I expect the virus causing heart failure in spreading to the heart to be recorded as "Heart attack" and, crucially NOT included in the Covid19 death toll.

In these instances, on the side of caution, it seems entirely fair to suggest that individual wouldn't be in the hospital if they hadn't acquired whatever mututation of Covid19 they had.

In addition: China perform four tests prior to discharging somebody to be very sure they have no detectable viral load and mistakes aren't made. It has been indicated to me by a doctor that they due to shortage they are performing one test, even on a dead body.

I'd say these points are vital to ascertaining whether our death toll figure is much reduced as a result; why assume it's only the couple of cases so far this has happened to? What if it's on a mass scale but grieving families aren't yet querying some of the more controversial cases not designated as Covid19 deaths?

I am shocked that we are even discussing such questions and hope that a raft of doctors will reassure me I am wrong. Alas with the limited test facility and labs overloaded I think it's fair to say we're missing out positive cases, deaths or living!

Comment

Kind of suggests that the idea that countries are recording any deaths where the patient tested positive for Covid-19 isn't true.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is all so troubling / worrying learning of these new developments.

Dying from a heart attack without underlying symptoms at such a young age is surely remote.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X