• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What shares are you buying now - if any?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What shares are you buying now - if any?

It's been years since I bought shares, but I have opened an ISA and will be filling it with cut-price UK shares. I would buy US shares but can't through Barclays so for now am content with UK.

I am thinking of picking up some of the big names like BP and Barclays. I also want to choose some smaller businesses for the higher risk/return.

Yes of course these are volatile and dangerous times but I have cash in the bank and might as well start feeding some of it into shares. You'll never catch the bottom, so let's not bring up any discussion about that. And keep the damned Crypto crap off this thread.

So -
    What shares are you guys buying, or looking to buy?

I'm just going to keep paying into my pension - but other than that, right now, I want to be cash rich.

Comment

Why ask strangers on the internet instead of doing your own research?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I know someone that is putting 25k into shares, says its a good time to buy.

Ive only bought an extra 500 squids worth.

No recommendations though, been bitten by that before.

Comment

BP - very oversold, on the verge of bankruptcy - probably will be nationalised. Do you think that's a good place to put your money?!

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            It's been years since I bought shares, but I have opened an ISA and will be filling it with cut-price UK shares. I would buy US shares but can't through Barclays so for now am content with UK.

I am thinking of picking up some of the big names like BP and Barclays. I also want to choose some smaller businesses for the higher risk/return.

Yes of course these are volatile and dangerous times but I have cash in the bank and might as well start feeding some of it into shares. You'll never catch the bottom, so let's not bring up any discussion about that. And keep the damned Crypto crap off this thread.

So -
            What shares are you guys buying, or looking to buy?
            I would think FX is where it's at for the minute. Bosnia just declared a state of national emergency. Fill yer boots.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              BP - very oversold, on the verge of bankruptcy - probably will be nationalised. Do you think that's a good place to put your money?!

We all need something to wash the dishes with...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

BP nationalised ? By which nation?

Comment

I've bought a small amount of shares, mostly good quality names (global) in the healthcare and consumer staples sector, plus AMD

I don't think this is bottom of the market, shares will get cheaper and some will go bust for sure.

Better to feed in a few % of your cash pile and buy any further dips and pray.

PS Buying any oil company is a very "brave" move.

Oil Demand To Plunge By 10 Million Barrels Per Day | OilPrice.com

Oil prices could hit teens in coming weeks as markets crater over coronavirus and price war

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I've bought a small amount of shares, mostly good quality names (global) in the healthcare and consumer staples sector, plus AMD

I don't think this is bottom of the market, shares will get cheaper and some will go bust for sure.

Better to feed in a few % of your cash pile and buy any further dips and pray.

PS Buying any oil company is a very "brave" move.

Oil Demand To Plunge By 10 Million Barrels Per Day | OilPrice.com

Oil prices could hit teens in coming weeks as markets crater over coronavirus and price war

Subscribe to read | Financial Times
                    Buying health sector is an equally brave move. Spain is nationalising its private healthcare...
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X