• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2020 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Budget 2020 thread

Massive tax increases to help NHS deal with ?virus: ER abolished, CGT up to 30% etc

Scrap IR35 as it's destroying the country's contractor base.

Comment

Spend spend spend!

Budget 2020: Chancellor will promise 'record' infrastructure spend Budget 2020: Chancellor will promise 'record' infrastructure spend - BBC News
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
        Scrap IR35 as it's destroying the country's contractor base.
        Interestingly BBC News just said the budget is now expected to contain measures to help the self-employed, but didn't say what they might be.

Maybe Rishi is going to give us a new super fluffy cotton wool-like landing for IR35...

Comment

Budget is going to help self-employed with IR35 compliance by bringing them in thereby enabling massive savings on IR35 insurance...

Comment

I reckon - perhaps optimistically - it's going to be a pretty uneventful budget, tax-wise*. They might not even scrap ER completely, just make it moot for us lot

*This post might not age well.

Comment

Will give self employed sick pay

Payable from themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

IR35 go ahead on all but NHS staff who get moved outside scope to draw staff

Nation gets behind him, we still get shafted but at least its for a good cause ?

Comment

Free toilet rolls for all to avoid a situation far more sticky than Brexit!
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    Interestingly BBC News just said the budget is now expected to contain measures to help the self-employed, but didn't say what they might be.
                    It's called IR35 and it's to help them not be self-employed anymore.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X