• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2020 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrC View Post
    If he says "get it done" one more time i think i'm going to throw up
    Quite funny hearing

"...we're fixing 50 million pot holes.

This government is, getting, it, done!"

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Umm, Rishi is not a great speaker (this is the first time I've heard him speak).
      He's not much of an orator, but it's a pretty assured performance TBH.

Comment

Is it over? So no mention of ER scrappage?

Comment

"announce extra steps" for HMRC on tax avoidance, but doesn't detail, so we need to wait for the red book
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
            Yes, you missed it.

Comment

You missed it, not scrapping but reducing the life time limit to £1m from £10m
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Not scrapped; down from 10m lifetime to 1m lifetime.

Just mentioned more HMRC staff, linking tax "gains" to NHS. So "tax avoiding contractor scum damaging NHS" will be the headlines...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  "announce extra steps" for HMRC on tax avoidance, but doesn't detail, so we need to wait for the red book
                  Yep, going to collect another 4.4bn ...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Notice how he is linking tax 'avoidance' to funding for the NHS, I thought Brexit was going to pay for the NHS???
                    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                      Notice how he is linking tax 'avoidance' to funding for the NHS, I thought Brexit was going to pay for the NHS???
                      Inevitable complaints from contractors and more importantly business about IR35.

Linking tax "avoidance" to funding for NHS means the narrative has been twisted, meaning little support for scrapping / amending IR35...

Comment

Working...
                      X