• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dark Days...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Days...

These are dark days. The Tories have got in again after ten years of brutal austerity. It's hopeless, there's nothing to look forward to anymore.

I can't hold down a permie job nevermind a contract. My children are struggling, my eldest daughter needs occupational therapy and my youngest has behavioural problems. I couldn't look after them properly for a long time so it's probably my fault. I'm not fit to be a parent. My children deserve better and my wife too.

I think joining the forum has helped me to see things clearly. It comes as no surprise that nobody likes me on here. Thanks for the advice on my contracting idea but I don't want to waste anymore of people's time because I'm beyond help.

I think I'd better end this before I cause further damage. The redundancy money should to keep the family going for a while and they will realise that it's better for them in the long run to manage without me.

Call 116 123 for free. Call now. Call for your family.

Samaritans | Every life lost to suicide is a tragedy | Here to listen

No-one is beyond help.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
      These are dark days. The Tories have got in again after ten years of brutal austerity. It's hopeless, there's nothing to look forward to anymore.

I can't hold down a permie job nevermind a contract. My children are struggling, my eldest daughter needs occupational therapy and my youngest has behavioural problems. I couldn't look after them properly for a long time so it's probably my fault. I'm not fit to be a parent. My children deserve better and my wife too.

I think joining the forum has helped me to see things clearly. It comes as no surprise that nobody likes me on here. Thanks for the advice on my contracting idea but I don't want to waste anymore of people's time because I'm beyond help.

I think I'd better end this before I cause further damage. The redundancy money should to keep the family going for a while and they will realise that it's better for them in the long run to manage without me.
      May seem that way but it really isn't as bad as it seems. When you're depressed things aren't clear. As the previous poster has said call the Samaritans. Or vent on here. I'll stay up and listen. So why do you think the Conservatives affect your life so much? I'm quite old and neither party has made that much difference ....
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hang in there mate. Definitely give the Samaritans a call. They are there to help you
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Assuming you're not joking, I've been in a very similar dark place. I never took any steps to end it all, but I didn't want to be alive anymore. If I could have pressed a button to switch me off, I probably wouldn't be here now.

Trust me, things can get better. Just muddle through, as best you can, until they do.

No matter how useless and rubbish you think you are, your family would still prefer to have you around.

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

This being CUK, I never take much seriously. But in case this is, anything we can do? I've tried contacting admin in case he has contact details but he doesn't accept personal messages.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

We're all here to listen. Don't let the children grow up without a father. If I could have my father back for 5mins, it would be the happiest minutes I've ever known.

Whatever we can do to help, we try together. You're not alone.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                This being CUK, I never take much seriously. But in case this is, anything we can do? I've tried contacting admin in case he has contact details but he doesn't accept personal messages.
                Please reshare this post as widely as you can: Andrew Watt on LinkedIn: Homepage
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  This being CUK, I never take much seriously.
                  This.

What happens on this forum isn't real. I went to the meet up in Manchester last night, and some people were there where we might have expected and it was like all

I've alerted admin.

My children are struggling, my eldest daughter needs occupational therapy and my youngest has behavioural problems.
                  They'll do a lot better with you around than without.
                  I couldn't look after them properly for a long time so it's probably my fault. I'm not fit to be a parent.
                  Kids need their dad (apologies to single mums). It doesn't matter how crap and incompetent you might feel, they need you. Ask my kids.
                  think I'd better end this before I cause further damage. The redundancy money should to keep the family going for a while and they will realise that it's better for them in the long run to manage without me.
                  Absolute tosh. They'd rather have you. Fact.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I’ve been where you are, literally after downing a bottle of pills and some cheap vodka, it took me a long tome to realise how big a mistake I nearly made.

I’ve PM’d you my number, reach out to someone
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X