• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The people found off the Kent coast since November:

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    By leaving Europe before Brexit, surely they would be better staying in the prosperous EU?
    Many of them want to come to the UK because they already have family based here, or they speak English and therefore it will be easier for them to integrate (get a job, pay taxes). Not dissimilar to why Brits like to be economic immigrants in Oz or NZ.

But don't forget, we're talking a few thousand trying to get across, and only a couple of hundred since November have made it. Compare this to the reported million+ that have gone to Germany, or the high numbers in Sweden or France and yes you're correct, the vast majority would prefer to stay in the prosperous EU.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      They became radicalised in the UK, and we exported these terrorists to other countries. - Yes but the radicalisation process was not performed by white english people was it now?
      Ah, your true colours coming out there ... they're not white english people. You just can't stop yourself can you?

And do you know why people fall into extremism, it's because they are treated badly and as an outsider by xenophobes like yourself.

But, let's also not forget, many of those trying to get into Europe and the UK because their own countries have been torn apart by war. Wars that we have supported, made money out of selling weapons, created power vacuums where war lords can take control.

We have been complicit on their current hardships, do you not think we have a duty to look after those who have lost everything due to our actions? Or do you think we have a right to treat foreigners any which way we like and fook em?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Ah, your true colours coming out there ... they're not white english people. You just can't stop yourself can you?

And do you know why people fall into extremism, it's because they are treated badly and as an outsider by xenophobes like yourself.

But, let's also not forget, many of those trying to get into Europe and the UK because their own countries have been torn apart by war. Wars that we have supported, made money out of selling weapons, created power vacuums where war lords can take control.

We have been complicit on their current hardships, do you not think we have a duty to look after those who have lost everything due to our actions? Or do you think we have a right to treat foreigners any which way we like and fook em?
        Ah yes of course

I said that someone without white skin did bad things and so I must be a racist.

Look here is a story of an extremist who was treated badly by people in the UK and so turned to terrorism.

Abu Hamza al-Masri - Wikipedia

Oh actually that's rubbish - he came to the UK on a student visa, initially tried to integrate but when his dreams of being a bouncer and pimp vanished things went a little south.

Here is a tip - I know lots of people who are not over the moon with many things in their life - do you know absolutely none of them have decided to go blow up a bunch of school kids.

Also here is another tip i have found useful in life - if you go somewhere and you do not like it - go somewhere else.

Comment

This makes no sense ..... those trying to get across the channel have never been to the UK before and therefore they are not attempting to return to the UK, and hence are not the ISIS fighters you infer.

Returning ISIS fighters are mostly UK nationals and have UK passports. They became radicalised in the UK, and we exported these terrorists to other countries. What does that make the UK in your head? Or do you not associate the country that creates these terrorists and simply look at their heritage and skin colour?

Those trying to get across on the boats are refugees or most likely, economic immigrants. No different to when Brits want to move abroad to get a better life for their family. We even have TV shows of Brits aiming to do the same in other countries .... do you not think people should have the basic human right to better their lives?
          However they cannot return by conventional means. It shouldn't take a great leap of imagination that some might try to get across under the guise of being a refugee. Most were probably radicalised via the internet. Being UK citizens has little or nothing to do with their being terrorists. Some of them were in fact white Muslim converts. I didn't mention skin colour, so don't try and paint me as a racist.
          We have an immigration system, as do most countries. Those who seek to come here should follow the rules and procedures, and we should treat them on merit. Brits seeking a different life in France are not jumping on dinghies to cross the channel.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Some of them, sure. But some of them are just murderous gits.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              It shouldn't take a great leap of imagination that some might try to get across under the guise of being a refugee.

What % of the people coming by boat are terrorist? Is it 100%?
              What % of them are Muslim? Is it 100%?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Love how some of the kippers attitudes on this thread towards immigration have all of a sudden become less 'hostel environment' and more 'they're just searching for a better life'

It'll be 'Mary Poppins for tea and biscuits' this time next year
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  This might help, but it doesn’t suit his narrative that they are all ISIS-supporting terrorists:

Britain must do more to protect persecuted Christians in the Middle East, Jeremy Hunt says

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    It shouldn't take a great leap of imagination that some might try to get across under the guise of being a refugee.
                    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Stupidly redundant questions

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    This might help, but it doesn’t suit his narrative that they are all ISIS-supporting terrorists:
                    Not what he said at all.
                    Originally posted by Old Greg
                    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                      Not what he said at all.
                      No, but at least he took a position and holds an opinion, whereas your contribution is simple pedantry. Why bother?

Comment

Working...
                      X