• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31.04 USD −2.83 (8.34%)

It's the poopers curse

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      31.04 USD −2.83 (8.34%)

It's the poopers curse
      Tell me about it. I've been watching this drop in after hours and pre trading. Managed to get out around 5% loss but that's the only upside.

I'm gonna sell everything else and pump back in though. It's gonna bounce like zebedee on steroids, next stop the moon.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        If only you'd read this.

Sell AMD Between These Levels as Stock Is Extremely Overvalued - TheStreet

P/E ratio of 113.40

FFS, total bubble territory.
        P/E is Price / Earnings.

AMD's earnings (understandably) were and still are piss poor - this will change with nice new fat margins on server chips, they only need to get earnings up 3-4 times to get to 25 P/E, which is very reasonable.

Comment

7 Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            For ****s sake.
            [emoji23]
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Tell me about it. I've been watching this drop in after hours and pre trading. Managed to get out around 5% loss but that's the only upside.
              Buy high sell low, you genius you.
              Last edited by scooterscot; 31 July 2019, 20:02.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                But high sell low, you genius you.
                I didn't buy high and I sold when there was obviously potential for it to go lower so saved myself a decent chunk. I'm sure you'll have something to say about it but got in to Lattice early enough 5+% gain so far. Not clever selling on a down and buying when something is shooting up I'll grant you but the right opportunity presented itself and all in all broke even, which bearing in mind where I was after close last night I'm actually really pleased with. Not a strategy I'd normally do for obvious reasons but worked nicely.

Got to do a bit of thinking when I get back home and back to BAU from here on in.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 31 July 2019, 17:17.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Miners are more interested in high end GPUs.

They guarantee the stated speed under standard warranty (they offer additional warranty for a fee if you want to overclock)., but they also market them as capable of being overclocked Overclock Your CPU with Unlocked Intel(R) Processors - the suffix K means exactly that. But to do that, you've got to take certain precautions. Frankly, I never need the speed, so I leave my CPUs as they are. A 16 core i9-9900k is entirely sufficient for my video editing needs.
                  i9-9900k is 8 cores, 16 threads...

Comment

So I was right. A whole month to claim profits. You emotional idiots.

Today's lesson, buy the rumour sell the news.

Now heading to $27.

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Nearly 3 full weeks at $34 yet the die hard greedy hold. It'll be different this time, ATW say's so.

Stochastic RSI on the 3-day chart now pointing downward and down. The blue circle in case you hadn't figured that out.

Last edited by scooterscot; 31 July 2019, 20:25.

Comment

30.45 USD Price decrease 3.42 (10.10%)

Might buy more tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                      X