• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Go Darwin!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Darwin!

Three poachers are eaten by lions at South African nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

Three poachers are EATEN by lions after the men broke into South African nature reserve to slaughter rhinos for their horns
    At least three poachers are believed to have been eaten by lions at game reserve
    Men had entered Sibuya Game Reserve in Eastern Province, South Africa
    A head, bloody limbs and three pairs of shoes recovered from the scene
    Staff also found hunting rifles and axe used by poachers to cut off rhino horns

Go lions!!!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Three poachers are eaten by lions at South African nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

A head, bloody limbs and three pairs of shoes recovered from the scene

Go lions!!!
    At least one of them should've worn reeboks!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Not far from where a friend of mine grew up - Kenton, and not too far from a few reserves I've been to.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Two poachers stumble across a lion, which decides it's hungry.
        One starts putting a pair of trainers on.
        The other says, "how the hell do you expect to out-run it by putting a pair of trainers on?"
        The first says, "I don't; I only need to out-run you!"
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          The other says, "how the hell do you expect to out-run it by putting a pair of trainers on?"
          Market Samurai? (SEO tool)
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            At least one of them should've worn reeboks!
            Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            My post too subtle for you?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Could do with a safari holiday. I wonder if there's any jobs going shooting poachers. Would love a job like that. Moseying around the place needing skills to stay alive and at the same time free licence to shoot any scumbag that intends doing harm to the animals.

Beats sitting at a desk coding HTML for food.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                Could do with a safari holiday. I wonder if there's any jobs going shooting poachers. Would love a job like that. Moseying around the place needing skills to stay alive and at the same time free licence to shoot any scumbag that intends doing harm to the animals.

Beats sitting at a desk coding HTML for food.
                Those kind of jobs exist.
                In the larger private reserves such as Thula Thula, Kwandwe and Shamwari, the anti-poaching teams operate from reconnaissance points on the ground and helicopter patrols.
                SANParks reserves have patrols, but don't have as much money as the private ones.

In Kenya, you want to be in the army and then get a posting to an anti-poaching team - but it will reduce your life expectancy.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Those kind of jobs exist.
                  In the larger private reserves such as Thula Thula, Kwandwe and Shamwari, the anti-poaching teams operate from reconnaissance points on the ground and helicopter patrols.
                  SANParks reserves have patrols, but don't have as much money as the private ones.

In Kenya, you want to be in the army and then get a posting to an anti-poaching team - but it will reduce your life expectancy.

Volunteer mercenaries are what they need. The ultimate hunting for those that currently want to kill the animals as trophies. Let them kill the poachers instead.

For those not keen on getting so close to the man killing animals, I'm sure there's opportunities for techies to offer drone recon and support. Way cheaper than helicopters. Though the drones the air force use that have missiles to take out perps on the spot would be the way forward.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

If I had my way I'd execute people who swat wasps too! Bastards!
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X