• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITV football - England vs Columbia subtitles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Please, for the love of God, take your head out of your arse for just a brief moment, and consider the fact that the continent of Europe might just be a better place if the EU all just dissolved into a bucket of its own rancid hyperbole...
    I think someone else has their head where the sun don't shine
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      If someone pulled that sort of stunt on you, you'd call them out. Answer the f**king point or consider yourself irrelevant.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

ITV football - England vs Columbia subtitles

People were able to work in Europe (and indeed elsewhere) before 1992, and they will continue to be able to do so after the 29th of March next. The difference being, they will need to demonstrate that they have some sort of skill that the local employer requires, rather than the current free-for-all system which allows anyone with some basic spoken English to turn up and work for peanuts. Our refusal to adopt the stringent measures operated elsewhere in the EU probably contributed to the fact that we became the default destination for a few million Eastern European immigrants, but what's done is done, and we are where we are. Freedom of movement really doesn't mean what it says on the tin in most of the rest of Europe. I have friends who moved to Italy a couple of years ago. The hoops they had to jump through would befuddle even a brain as great as yours.
        Summary: other EU countries have systems and processes (and bureaucracy) in place that impose restrictions on Freedom of Movement. They also require skills needed by local employers. The U.K. did not impose these restrictions.

Is that correct?

Please, for the love of God, take your head out of your arse for just a brief moment, and consider the fact that the continent of Europe might just be a better place if the EU all just dissolved into a bucket of its own rancid hyperbole...
        It seems to me like you’re trying to fix the wrong problem.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Summary: other EU countries have systems and processes (and bureaucracy) in place that impose restrictions on Freedom of Movement.
          Then you can't really call it "Freedom of Movement". Because it just isn't. So don't pretend you're waving a blue flag with some yellow stars on it in defence of something which, in practice, never existed in the first place.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Then you can't really call it "Freedom of Movement". Because it just isn't. So don't pretend you're waving a blue flag with some yellow stars on it in defence of something which, in practice, never existed in the first place.
            Of course it isn’t, it never was if the allowed controls were implemented. If sovereign countries wanted to gold-plate it and not impose any restrictions then that was up to them.

Why did/do you think it meant something else?

Comment

I knew this thread couldn’t be so long just based on football 🙄

Comment

I'm trying to support your point of view. But failing.

'Freedom of movement' is a bit like that 'free speech' argument, yes you can say anything you want. But that doesn't mean you're going to stand outside no. 10 chanting Allah Akbar without some rubber glove treatment from Scotland yard.

At least in Germany Eastern Europeans are often bused back to where they came from when they've been unable to get a job. Usually they'll volunteer. There's nothing in the world stopping the UK from doing the same. Of course many will argue they come for the benefits. I think that speaks more about the indigenous population and the broken state of the country, IMO.

The EU aims for equality. Tories want concur and divide with richer Richey rich standing over the poor with their faces in the mud. Of course the Tories hate the EU.
                Last edited by scooterscot; 4 July 2018, 20:37.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

But Kieran Trippier's penalty though. Top Bins.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Freedom of movement in Europe is not the same as freedom of movement in the U.K.
                    The main problem is that the UK has no legal requirement to register with the local community
                    The UK has no ID cards
                    One of the arguments for Brexit is that before the EU we could work anywhere without freedom of movement
                    Yes In 1974 I went to Australia without a visa and worked .Australia has now nearly closed its doors.
                    Every agent wants me to start the contract yesterday. Try getting a work visa to start Monday

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      how they fit all those remainers up Drunker's Arse I have no idea!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X