• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beast from the East

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-3.2C in the garden
    Wind picking up, which means that on the dog walk, the wind chill would be below -10C
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

South Brumshire is Sunshine/blue sky followed by a mild snow storm. Rinse, repeat.

We have a fine dusting of that wispy, fine snow that you see in Ch5 melodrama Christmas films which I always thought never existed.

Not seen "dry" powder snow in this country for a while.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        South Brumshire is Sunshine/blue sky followed by a mild snow storm. Rinse, repeat.

We have a fine dusting of that wispy, fine snow that you see in Ch5 melodrama Christmas films which I always thought never existed.

Not seen "dry" powder snow in this country for a while.

qh
        Lots of it here in sarf herts, windchill 8/9, air temp -3/4.
        Bloody Baltic (but, then, that's where it's coming from) brrrrr
        It's no very Warrum

Comment

Client office closing here in Cardiff. Red warning for south wales at 3pm. Closed tomorrow too.

And I dont have remote access :-(
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Only another inch since bedtime but it's -3 and the wind has really picked up; luckily we're naturally sheltered but brrrr.

Our local shops are empty so we're living out of the pantry supplies. Might have to eat our chickens.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Clientco fully functioning (airport). Will be taking my laptop home tonight and either WFH or having a day off tomorrow.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Boring customer service question: if you pay extra for something to be delivered next-day and it is delayed by the snow, should you get the extra back?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

1 school closed at 10am.
                  Various children returned home in the mighty Mondeo.

Next one closing at 1pm.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Boring customer service question: if you pay extra for something to be delivered next-day and it is delayed by the snow, should you get the extra back?
                    Have you asked your accountant?

Only kidding. Start dunning.

Comment

-9 and 4 adults up in the Tesla today. It's a true test of nerves to see how long we dare leave the 4 seat heaters on.

Comment

Working...
                      X