• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beast from the East

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow and Sunshine in Manchester.

Took a snow day yesterday mainly cos in the sticks where I live the roads are crap - enough tractors/4*4 went down them yesterday so they are fine today

apart from the icy bits which let you pretend you are a rally driver.

Comment

Last night it was so clear and bright with the moon and snow, that even out in the sticks it was light enough to go for a walk without a torch at midnight.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Last night it was so clear and bright with the moon and snow, that even out in the sticks it was light enough to go for a walk without a torch at midnight.
        Moonlighting to make ends meet are we??

Comment

Looks like I made the right call to stay home today.

A1 closed north and south outside the village after a 13 vehicle pile up earlier this morning.

Still snowing.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Perfect timing for all the kids wanting to try winter sports after watching the Olympics.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Starting to close schools in south wales for two days FFS. Its not even that much snow forecast! How on earth can you close just in case?

Reason - teachers won't be able to get to school safely!!!

FFS being a teacher has got to be the biggest snowflake occupation of the lot. This follows on from a letter the other week telling us how "devastating" an impact even one day off school makes. So teachers are going to work these two days back during the holidays? Yeh right!

Of course, those in critical jobs like healthcare professionals are already being asked to ensure they attend work. My Mrs is a District Nurse - even with snow people are depending on this. Not helped by lazy ar@e teachers who can't be arsed and cause childcare issues!
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Starting to close schools in south wales for two days FFS. Its not even that much snow forecast! How on earth can you close just in case?

Reason - teachers won't be able to get to school safely!!!

FFS being a teacher has got to be the biggest snowflake occupation of the lot. This follows on from a letter the other week telling us how "devastating" an impact even one day off school makes. So teachers are going to work these two days back during the holidays? Yeh right!

Of course, those in critical jobs like healthcare professionals are already being asked to ensure they attend work. My Mrs is a District Nurse - even with snow people are depending on this. Not helped by lazy ar@e teachers who can't be arsed and cause childcare issues!
                Stop yer whining and enjoy the snow.

Comment

Blue sky and sunshine now. Bloody cold still.

MrsB has decided it's a good idea to go out snd shovel snow of the garden paths. I'll give her 10 mins before she gives and comes back in complaining of the cold.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Blue sky and sunshine now. Bloody cold still.

MrsB has decided it's a good idea to go out snd shovel snow of the garden paths. I'll give her 10 mins before she gives and comes back in complaining of the cold.
                    You're letting her take the front door key with her?

Schools closed here until Monday and everyone in Munster and Leinster advised to be indoors by 4 p.m. tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      You're letting her take the front door key with her?

Schools closed here until Monday and everyone in Munster and Leinster advised to be indoors by 4 p.m. tomorrow.
                      happens every time you come home for the weekend I hear?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X