• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More police sexism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    No, when someone goes around calling people pro-rape without justification then I'm going to call it out.

You are an idiot and a coward.
    You do seem intent on dragging this out so here goes:

The Internet is full of unpleasant manosphere types like Brillo. And there is a culture to make the Internet a comfortable place for them and an uncomfortable place for those who want to take a stand against it. But I'm not going to be put off and I don't give a tulip what you think.

So there.

Comment

These goddam activists - never cease any good do they

like this one

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        You do seem intent on dragging this out so here goes:

The Internet is full of unpleasant manosphere types like Brillo. And there is a culture to make the Internet a comfortable place for them and an uncomfortable place for those who want to take a stand against it. But I'm not going to be put off and I don't give a tulip what you think.

So there.
        Why does the 'manosphere' need people standing up to it? From what I've seen they just want to be left alone - you won't see them going out on marches or protesting against things.

There is a place for men's rights and the article this post is about is cast iron evidence of that.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

How can a brillopad be unpleasant? Other than to dirt and grime on a dinner plate of course..

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            I note that his name is plastered all over the media but she still has anonymity, I hope charges are brought both for the PCoJ from the accuser (max 7 years, less than the accused was facing) and reprimand for the officers who were only interested in getting another conviction.

This might also stop this criminal practice.

His original solicitor must have been totally tulipe also.
            This is a truly awful thing to suggest. It's incredibly difficult for rape victims to speak up, imagine what it would be like if they have the threat of punishment if they can't prove it?

A far more practical and fair solution is simply to extend anonymity to the accused as well as the accuser.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
              This is a truly awful thing to suggest. It's incredibly difficult for rape victims to speak up, imagine what it would be like if they have the threat of punishment if they can't prove it?

A far more practical and fair solution is simply to extend anonymity to the accused as well as the accuser.
              I would agree requiring a judge's consent to reveal the accused's identity to the press would be a good first step.

We can prove she knowingly lied. She can easily be prosecuted without upsetting other rape victims.

This isn't about someone who had second thoughts or a difference of opinion about consent which is where many of the controversial cases sit. This is someone who in her communications clearly said it was not rape and then accused an innocent man out of spite. She continued the lie for 2 years.

Were I to say something untrue about someone that ruined their life e.g. they are running a business and I suggest despite ALL evidence and knowing there isn't any truth in it that they are fraudulent and they lose their business & home then I should be punished.

I agree victims should be able to come forward but giving anyone preferential treatment when committing a crime will not help with that.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                I would agree requiring a judge's consent to reveal the accused's identity to the press would be a good first step.

We can prove she knowingly lied.
                This is where it gets tricky though. The vast majority of cases cannot be proven. We're talking about an example of incompetence in the legal process here. Opening up the possibility of such mistakes leading to a victim being prosecuted is abhorrent.

"She can easily be prosecuted without upsetting other rape victims."

I don't think so, and this is a rather insensitive comment. Rape victims tend to be long term sufferers of PTSD, depression, anxiety or a combination of all three, or worse. They are easily upset, to be frank.

Rape is under reported as it is. I think the merest hint that they could be punished if they can't prove it would be devastating for many. It's just an option for me.

Comment

This is where it gets tricky though. The vast majority of cases cannot be proven. We're talking about an example of incompetence in the legal process here. Opening up the possibility of such mistakes leading to a victim being prosecuted is abhorrent.

I don't think so, and this is a rather insensitive comment. Rape victims tend to be long term sufferers of PTSD, depression, anxiety or a combination of all three, or worse. They are easily upset, to be frank.

Rape is under reported as it is. I think the merest hint that they could be punished if they can't prove it would be devastating for many. It's just an option for me.
                  We aren't talking about punishing someone for not being able to prove a rape allegation. In this example the women lied for 2 years, told her friends how much she enjoyed sex with him and sent him a number of messages saying she wanted sex. It should never have got to court.

She had the option to stop lying and hold her hands up. At some level there needs to be personal responsibility.

Comment

Make it like a search warrant, you need reasonable cause and the gate keeper is a Judge. If the Police have to convince a judge then they will be forced to produce some evidence.

If they prosecute a liar & cheat who made rape victims less likely to be believed then it should encourage people to come forward. If they actually managed to investigate them properly then more would come forward.

This case showed complete police ineptitude. They had hard evidence & ignored it, if they had questioned her early on she may well have decided to tell the truth and everyone would be better off.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

His original solicitor must have been totally tulipe also.
                      Actually the defence gets the evidence the police gives them so it is definitely not their fault.

The problem here is with the police and the system of handing over evidence.

In an ideal world a neutral party would decide what evidence is crucial for a case, so both parties have it and not leave it up to an individual police officer to decide in an allegation of rape that evidence of a relationship between both parties which involved sexual fantasies was not relevant.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X