• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More police sexism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Even if he hates women that does not make him pro rape. Get a grip and apologise.
    I didn't say that hating women makes him pro rape - stop trying to twist thing, get a grip and apologise.

I said that you need to read his comments within the context of his self-declared hatred of women and within the context of a strand of the men's movement (and consider by the way Brillo's F4J history and history of other comments), that is pro-rape.

Then put the whole picture together, and stop dishonestly trying to look at one component of the picture in isolation. Now, your analysis of the overall picture may differ from mine, but engage with the discussion honestly, so you don't appear as the chunt who piles in on the side of the pro-rape guy (which I'm sure, by the way, that you're not really).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      I have no doubt of your goodwill, but Brillo is a self-confessed woman hater, who has posted this story alongside some snarky comment around women changing their mind retrospectively, outside of the context of the very low reporting and conviction rates.
      I'm not joining the Brillo hate in. He does seem to have strong views not all of which I agree with. But before F4J protesting fathers were considered as a last resort to get custody it is more reasonable now. Should we consider anyone who protests as unreasonable or criminal?

I see the situation here as a very serious one, its seems to be that challenging a rape allegation in any way is considered by some unreasonable. I want it properly investigated and proven beyond reasonable doubt, women shouldn't be afraid to report rape but they should be afraid to lie.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        I'm not joining the Brillo hate in. He does seem to have strong views not all of which I agree with. But before F4J protesting fathers were considered as a last resort to get custody it is more reasonable now. Should we consider anyone who protests as unreasonable or criminal?
        Hate Brillo? I rather like Brillo, just feel a bit sorry for him, and I don't think he should use this case to spread pro-rape propaganda.

But again, you're picking one strand off here (F4J) and not looking at the whole picture. I'm not sure why you need to muddy the water with:

Should we consider anyone who protests as unreasonable or criminal?
        What a curious thing to say. Who has suggested that?

I see the situation here as a very serious one, its seems to be that challenging a rape allegation in any way is considered by some unreasonable.
        Why do you say that?

I want it properly investigated and proven beyond reasonable doubt, women shouldn't be afraid to report rape but they should be afraid to lie.
        All sane people would agree. Unfortunately, Brillo has chosen to jump right in with his women-hating nonsense.

Comment

I didn't say that hating women makes him pro rape - stop trying to twist thing, get a grip and apologise.
          You are an idiot. Stop trying to justify your stupid comments.

Comment

This is clearly quite a touchy subject. My take is that accused and accuser had a relationship, he must have dumped her and she decided to 'ruin his life' as revenge - hell hath no fury and all that.

This is quite common, especially from the snowflake generation who are unbelievably spoilt, entitled and have hugely overinflated measures of their value.

Unfortunately there is a system that some people will try and game, it's a shame that he was guilty until proven innocent. She's done a massive disservice to genuine victims.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              You are an idiot. Stop trying to justify your stupid comments.
              Hush now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                This is clearly quite a touchy subject. My take is that accused and accuser had a relationship, he must have dumped her and she decided to 'ruin his life' as revenge - hell hath no fury and all that.

This is quite common, especially from the snowflake generation who are unbelievably spoilt, entitled and have hugely overinflated measures of their value.

Unfortunately there is a system that some people will try and game, it's a shame that he was guilty until proven innocent. She's done a massive disservice to genuine victims.
                It sounds like a very odd story indeed where she had violent sexual fantasies.

Comment

I note that his name is plastered all over the media but she still has anonymity, I hope charges are brought both for the PCoJ from the accuser (max 7 years, less than the accused was facing) and reprimand for the officers who were only interested in getting another conviction.

This might also stop this criminal practice.

His original solicitor must have been totally tulipe also.

Comment

Hush now.
                    No, when someone goes around calling people pro-rape without justification then I'm going to call it out.

You are an idiot and a coward.

Comment

It sounds like a very odd story indeed where she had violent sexual fantasies.
                      Not uncommon - what's that very popular book called again? 50 something... Best seller apparently :/
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X